What is your favourite branch of science?

The branches of science (which are also referred to as “sciences”, “scientific fields”, or “scientific disciplines”) are commonly divided into two major groups: natural sciences, which study natural phenomena (including biological life), and social sciences, which study human behavior and societies. These groupings are empirical sciences, which means the knowledge must be based on observable phenomena and capable of being tested for its validity by other researchers working under the same conditions. There are also related disciplines that are grouped into interdisciplinary and applied sciences, such as engineering and medicine. Within these categories are specialized scientific fields that can include parts of other scientific disciplines but often possess their own terminology and expertise.

Astronomy

I’m interested in many brances of science, but the one I know the most about and which holds my attention the most is botany.

Gosh - - - - I dunno - - - - I use to like Astronomy pretty much - especially as a kid during the “race to the Moon” (back then there were still 9 plants ;))

Now I guess I’d have to say Geology or Paleontology or Archeology don’t think I could pin it down to just one. Sounds like I must like to play in the dirt - eh?
But mostly it’s just that these are the sorts of shows that I’m drawn to.

Peace
James

Since I’m a dentist…biology, psychology, anatomy and physiology

Mathematics

Theriogenology- the study of animal reproduction. Most specifically, sheep reproduction, for me.

Genetics is also a big one.

Cellular biology. Eukaryotes and prokaryotes are fascinating and the more you look at the mechanisms that cells utilize to function it is nothing short of amazing.

I am an Astrophysicist for a reason ;)

Nothing to do with Philosophy.

Closed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.