What is your opinion of Freemasonry?

What is your opinion of Freemasonry?

Hello All,

From what I’ve looked into, Freemasonry is a dangerous heresy. One of the reasons St. Maximillion Kolbe founded the Militia Immaculata was to combat Freemasonry. There are a couple of books that might help those interested. Christianity and American Freemasonry, Freemasonry: Mankind’s Hidden Enemy, and Behind the Lodge Door.

this time, I usually find it very difficult

[quote=wjhii]What is your opinion of Freemasonry?
[/quote]

Anything that claims to “combine the best elements” of Christianity and anything else–especially the occult–is dangerous and should be avoided like the plague. Freemasonry claims to do this.

• Liberian

i nearly joined the masons, but thankfull had the wisdom to investigate the church’s teachings on them. my opinion is that most are well-meaning decent people. that said, they enter unknowingly into some very evil and insidious heresy. investigate their use of invoking saint john the baptist in their solemn entry vow - this should get you on the right track.

please do not join.

RyanL

I have a buddy I joined the Knights of Columbus with…we took our first degrees at the same time…before he converted to Catholicism, he was in the Freemasons…he told me some pretty scandalous things they do…one of which, he said when he was initiated into the Masons, they made him and the other guys strip down naked and they took their clothes amongst other things…doesn’t sound to Christian does it? Sounds more like a fraternity or sadist prank.

The Valley of Fear by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, is another good book regarding Freemasonry. It is also the best Sherlock Holmes story.

My opinion is…

:sleep:

Join the Knight of Culmbus. Better safe than sorry (I think most are well-intentioned, but good intentions cannot change the nature of the organization). Thanks and God Bless.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.