What Lay or Secular Religious Order would you recommend for me?

Hey everyone. I am asking for recommendations of lay and secular religious orders. I am a contemplative person but I also really want to engage in missionary work. I have a great desire to bring conversion to many people or at least to plant the seeds of conversion. Which lay or secular religious order would be best for me?

Whichever one you are attracted to. There is a sticky at the top of this forum which lists the secular orders.

Dominicans “contemplate and give to others the fruits of your contemplation”.

Third Order members “bloom where they’re planted”. Charity begins at home. You can live the life of a contemplative while everyone is out of the house, and God will lead souls to you when you are out of the house. A smile means more to some people than money.

Blessings,
Cloisters

Holly,

I’d probably start here and see what resonates with you from a spirituality standpoint.

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=600571

Here is a thread specific to the Dominican Laity, but towards the end it spun off in other directions. There are many articles which have been uploaded, etc. to give you an idea of what the Order does and is. forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=600571

There are literally dozens of good threads on third/lay/secular orders on CAF that you might consider looking at. At the end of the day, it is not about what we think might be a good fit for you, it is about what God is calling you towards. As you are likely aware, that is not always easy to discern.

Here are some others:
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=305810
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=321667
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=650463
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=624544

Peace,

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.