What makes a good church?

I’m sorry, I don’t mean to shock. I meant to be sweet

This strikes me as very sad.

When our Church is standing room only, Mass is going to run about 70 minutes. It simply takes longer for that many people to receive.

We ought all pray that our masses become longer and longer, because that means more people are coming to Christ.

2 Likes

I’ve got no problem with that at all.
It’s all the wasted time in between that irks me.

There really is NO wasted time at Mass. We’re in the Presence of Our Lord, focus on Him.

1 Like

Give an extra 10 minutes, even an extra 20, to God. The ROI is amazing.

That’s really nice to hear.

We moved a few weeks ago. She’s not sure if she’s going to change membership from the parish in town to the country parish or not, as of yet.

One of my childhood parishes had a priest who was himself a convert (I’m not sure from what denomination) and whereas his homilies were, 95% of the time, very Catholic, he could just once in a while work himself up and transform into a bible-thumping firebrand, typically when he was denouncing some evil that he felt particularly strongly about.

I share the same problem. I wanted somewhere I felt welcomed. The adoration chapel is really peaceful and great place to pray. However even though I was invited thee by a neighbor, the lay leader guy there accused me of being there for the wrong reasons. So I left, but sure miss it.
A great read written by Pope Francis. Come Catholics do not welcome Protestants.
https://www.catholicnews.com/services/englishnews/2015/pope-says-god-never-shuts-the-door.cfm

Great advice

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.