What Marian Apparitions Do You Believe In?

I wasn't very sure where to place this thread, but here goes.

The ones approved by the Church.

If it has been approved by the local bishop or universal Catholic Church as worthy of belief, I believe it. If not, not. In every single valid apparition that has ever been recorded, where Our Lady gave a message, repentence, conversion, obedience to her son, and obedience to the Church have been commanded. A visionary who disobeys their bishop is by definition defying the Church and cannot possibly be the recipient of anything of divine origin. Continued disobedience is proof positive that the alleged phenomena is either imaginary, delusional, deliberate falsehood, or of demonic origin. The Church makes that determination, not the visionary, and not pilgrims who visit the site.

Wait! You guys are already posting and I haven't even posted the poll!

[quote="puzzleannie, post:3, topic:177040"]
If it has been approved by the local bishop or universal Catholic Church as worthy of belief, I believe it. If not, not. In every single valid apparition that has ever been recorded, where Our Lady gave a message, repentence, conversion, obedience to her son, and obedience to the Church have been commanded. A visionary who disobeys their bishop is by definition defying the Church and cannot possibly be the recipient of anything of divine origin. Continued disobedience is proof positive that the alleged phenomena is either imaginary, delusional, deliberate falsehood, or of demonic origin. The Church makes that determination, not the visionary, and not pilgrims who visit the site.

[/quote]

But sometimes, the Church allows for indivudal judgement in this aspect (e.i. Medjurjorje). Also, some apparitions (e.i. Guadalupe), you do not need to believe in them in order to be a good Catholic. That is why I am asking. ;)

no the Church does not allow individual judgement in any case where the local bishop has warned against the apparition, the messages or anything else surrounding the alleged visionaries. You don’t have to believe in ANY private revelation to be a good Catholic, and that is what Marian apparitions are, so feel free to doubt or disregard any and all of them.

the ones approved by the church

The ones where she shows up in peoples' pancakes and other foods while they're cooking.

:D:p

I used to live in the “little Mexico” area of Chicago, as it’s called and at the park down the street from me there was a tree that got hit by lightening one night during a bad storm and the result was one of the main branches of the tree was ripped off, leaving a carving in the exposed bark of what many thought to be of Our Lady of Guadalupe. It was turned into a makeshift shrine. It was right next to the bus stop so people would pray there and leave flowers before getting on the bus. I have to say, it was an uncanny resemblance to the image of Our Lady.

None.

Re: What Marian Apparitions Do You Believe In?

The ones where she shows up in peoples’ pancakes and other foods while they’re cooking

bwahahaaaa that made me laugh out loud

french toast!

the ones approved by the Church :)

Ditto! The ones approved by the Church :).

I never heard of a couple of them. I do believe in Fatima, Guadalupe, Lourdes and Lady of America. I don’t know much about Lasalette and Medjugorrie. I have been to Our Lady of America in Rome City and it is quite wonderful experience. I live about an hour away from there and my GF’s grandmother lives almost beside it.

What a blessing! :slight_smile:

I saw a story recently about Jesus repeatedly appearing in the frost on a truck window in Ohio. Also in Ohio: Jesus appears in an ultrasound.:smiley:

You do not have to believe in apparitions deemed worthy of belief by the Church to be a good Catholic.

However, where local Church authorities (the bishops) have said they are not to be believed then you should not believe them, e.g. Medjugorie.

aaaaah... thanks thistler! I had read something like that, but I didn't really get what was what... I guess you put it the right way. Thanks :thumbsup:

Why no 'none' option?

[quote="Monica4316, post:12, topic:177040"]
the ones approved by the Church :)

[/quote]

Same here! :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.