What might the Pope say during daily/weekly confession?

1. What does the Pope say during daily/weekly confession?
  2. What does it mean to confess like a child?

I mean, let's say you are leading a very devout life and have no mortal sins and probably nothing even close.

Would you mention every bad thought that randomly popped in your head even though you didn't mean them to? Would you mention that you missed praying the Angelus at noon or that you missed your bedtime examination of conscience twice?

I assume he begins with; "Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned." The rest is covered by the sacramental seal :D

Jokes aside, the saints who indeed had such a life and whose (auto)biographies have arrived to us realized that the greater the perfection attained, the greater the awareness of their sinfulness. An example: an average sinner like me barely detects mortal sins through a good examination of conscience, and is happy when he can stay a fairly long time without committing such sins. A very holy person would on the other hand suffer greatly even from a venial sin or even from an imperfection, because he is fully (or to a great extent) aware of how terrible it is to offend God, no matter how small the offense!

We sin in words, thoughts, deeds, and omissions. The greater our responsibilities, the more we are likely to sin.

All I can tell you is this: you will never reach a moment in the devout life in which you will find yourself without anything to confess. "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves."

To confess "like a child" to me means to talk to Christ with filial fear, not with servile fear. A servant is afraid of his master because he did not obey him. A son simply feels sorry because he made his dad feel bad, and wants to "make peace" with him and keep making his dad happy.

We all sin, even if it is simply in "my thoughts, and in my words."

=yellow8yellowM;9917103]1. What does the Pope say during daily/weekly confession?
2. What does it mean to confess like a child?

I mean, let's say you are leading a very devout life and have no mortal sins and probably nothing even close.

Would you mention every bad thought that randomly popped in your head even though you didn't mean them to? Would you mention that you missed praying the Angelus at noon or that you missed your bedtime examination of conscience twice?

That he prays that President Oboma does not get elcected:thumbsup:

Actually if; highly unlikely he did miss his nightly exam; because he seeks PERFECTION; he just MIGHT confess it.

Matthew 5:48 "Be you therefore perfect, as also your heavenly Father is perfect".

Such speculation would be gravely imprudent.

I once had a priest tell me "you can't help what you think". What do you make of that? I suppose that he meant that I have no control over what pops into my mind but how about when I develop that thought into fantasy? Our maybe sometime later I go back to that thought to bring it to completion? That is a problem I have. Now would you call that a sin? Another question I have what if I am able to arrest that thought before it becomes a sin? Is that something I need to confess?

I have only been a catholic for a little over five years and have been having troubles knowing whyat to confess.

Thanks for any help you may give me......

[quote="R_C, post:2, topic:302509"]
I assume he begins with; "Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned."

[/quote]

Aww... you beat me to it! I was going to post that as soon as I saw the thread title! :D

:whistle:

I don't know how much you believe as I do the holiness of Blessed John Paul ll, but it is written that he confessed on a weekly basis. Google for several sources.

ewtn.com/library/ANSWERS/GOTOCON.htm

Quote- Partial:
The more we love the Lord, the more we are aware of the smallest sins and the more we want to say, "I am sorry. Please forgive me." I am sure this is why Mother Teresa and Pope John Paul II go to confession weekly. As we continue our Easter celebration, may we take full advantage of this beautiful sacrament which draws us closer to the Lord.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.