What music do you like?

What kind of music do you like? If you can, provide a youtube video.

One band that I like is the raggae band Toots and the Maytals. Here are a couple videos of their songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=eATaV2umnEs&feature=related

youtube.com/watch?v=kckn-5jWItQ

I like folk, and, I like Strings. This video of Yo Yo Ma at the Inauguration includes both!

youtube.com/watch?v=02Ao9jyq5Vk&feature=related

I’m really digging these guys right now:

It Won’t Fade by Sonata Arctica

Then of course there is perfection in 23 minutes and 6 seconds:

A Change of Seasons by Dream Theater

When in college, I heard about “the Boss” and just ignored him in favor of folk music from James Taylor and Creedence Clearwater Revival, but as a guitarist wannabe, folk and classical music, some jazz too. It was fun to dance along with him during the Super Bowl. It seemed to me that he was taking over the superbowl, but, if not for him, I wouldn’t have watched the end of that game, which was absolutely crazy!

youtube.com/watch?v=BjEgpeID2eY

At the Inaugural:

youtube.com/watch?v=FuMSAFl2DcQ

youtube.com/watch?v=g5KnYADCSms

Why do I respond to this? I wish that I would have stood up for my music tastes … isn’t there an analogy there? Doesn’t everyone in the USA love patriotic music! Toledo Symphonic Concert Band at President Hayes’ Home on July 4th is the best … if they would quit with “the Sound of Music.”

I love listening to music and hear are a few of my favorite artists:
Bob Marley
Peter Tosh
Burning Spear
Toots and the Maytals
The Decemberists
Miles Davis
Neutral Milk Hotel
Jimmy Buffet
Billie Holiday

:thumbsup: for Toots and the Maytals. Morgan Heritage is another good Reggae band. I like so many different types of music, right now I am listening to Ted Nugent’s Stranglehold . Classic Rock,Blues, Soul, Reggae, Country. From Andrea Bocelli , James Brown, B.B. King, Merle Haggard to Zepplin, I love it all!:slight_smile:

mostly hard rock and metal. =]
occasionaly, i really like country.

My favorites are:
Radiohead
Bob Dylan
Modest Mouse
Jeff Buckley
Neutral Milk Hotel
Andrew Bird
Animal Collective
DJ Shadow
Okkervil River
The Smiths
Why?
Wolf Parade
Pavement
Velvet Underground

I listen to mostly punk but lately i’ve been listening to

Joe Strummer and The Mescaleros. Here is one of there songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=mqEOOvoEi_w

I credit this band with nearly saving my life nearly 3 years ago:

youtube.com/watch?v=c5ilvi4E-zA

Jars of Clay’s Work. Fine song.

When it comes to other Christian artists, Matt Maher, Rachael Lampa, Audio Adrenaline, and Barlowgirl are a few of the others I listen to.

Non-christian? It doesn’t get much better than Pink Floyd

youtube.com/watch?v=IXdNnw99-Ic

Chicago, CCR, Led Zeppelin, and U2 run a close second.

The Gregorian Chant is my favourite music!
tianzhujiao.org/showtopic-18498.aspx
:harp:

Mostly rock and emo stuff as well as a nice selection of anime j-music.

Call me weird though but I also like listening to movie and video game soundtracks. :o

My first and primary music that I love is classical music with a focus on sacred classical music. This is one of my favorites. Monteverdi’s Vespers of 1610 sung as composed in San Marco’s in Venice. I have the DVD and have watched it way too many times:

youtube.com/watch?v=WQCOr8UiS7I

Celtic music - of all kinds. My favorite group (and I’ve actually got to hear them in concert) is the Chieftains

youtube.com/watch?v=4hk13Dn7ePY

I also got hooked on British folk rock back in grad school. This is a clip from the BBC in 1976 (DW and I and many of our friends can still sing along :D). Steeleye Span is still recording and we have all of their albums and CDs.

youtube.com/watch?v=CqInvZ9hY9Y

DW likes Paul Simon. Paul Simon sang El Condor Pasa accompanied by Urubamba. Andean music. Urubamba published their own album shortly thereafter and I fell in love with this music. My favorite group is Inti-Illimani (I have all of their albums and CDs)

youtube.com/watch?v=KMJYpFJ17kc

I’ve grown old with these guys. I first heard them in 1976. This is Cajun music:

youtube.com/watch?v=ovWFTTN7uso

This was filmed in a local restaurant in Lafayette, LA (awesome seafood!). Check out the people dancing.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Z4HcLxauO4&feature=related

Of course, growing up in New Orleans you know I like ragtime, Dixieland, and my podnah, Harry Connick, Jr., sure can sing.

I like Classical Music, of course Cajun Music, Celtic Music, Chant, and a group called Bond when I want something with a faster beat. I like secret garden and josh groban.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.