What Muslims are taught in their mosques - unbiased

some people just amaze me. Why must you quote from an anti-muslim site to prove what muslims believe booklover? Whats wrong with quoting from a muslim site. I could have easily went to an anti-catholic site to learn about catholics but I’m here on a catholic site instead because I want to get my information from a non-biased source.

Here is a video sermon delivered in holy month of Muharram this year, hope you enjoy it.

PROOF

Muslims keep telling us that Islam is a religion of “peace” but every day you hear of some new atrocity commited by Muslims. The anti-Islam site I quoted from is run by ex-Muslims who claim that Islam is not and never was a religion of peace and that those Muslims who commit those horrendous crimes are following the dictates of Muhammad and the infamous Quran. Who makes sense?

Muslims are allowed to lie to the unbelievers to protect Islam and to further its agenda of world domination!

Other religions don’t lie about their ultimate goals but Islam does by using taqqiya!

Vickie

Christians keep telling us that Christianity is a religion of ‘love’ but every day you hear of Christians being hateful. What’s your point?

Vickie, If I followed your reasoning then Its ok for me to learn about your beliefs by getting my info from any ex-catholics or anti-catholic site or anti-Christian sites run by people who have left either catholicism or Christianity. Does that make sense to you?

With regards to Taqiyyah, not all Muslims believe in it. The majority of muslims sunni (90% of the muslim population) do not believe in Taqiyyah. The minority twelver shia (around 8%) believe that Concealing or disguising one’s beliefs, convictions, ideas, feelings, opinions, at a time of eminent danger, whether now or later in time, to save oneself from physical and/or mental injury is allowed but there are numerous exceptions to the above definition, and they MUST be judged according to the situation that one is placed in. As such, one should NOT make a narrow-minded generalization that encompasses all situations, thereby failing to fully absorb the spirit of the definition. For example, a Jewish person living in Nazi Germany has the right to conceal his Jewish roots in order to save his life or his family in the face of injustice or oppression. No one will blame such a person. This is the meaning of Taqiyyah and not what you suggest.

Second, It is no secret that God prophesied in the Quran that He will make this religion dominate all other religions, why would we lie about this, it is written right in the Quran and this is already happening my dear, with all of the negative media coverage and misconceptions, lies and biased against Islam out there today, they say that 20,000 Americans convert to Islam every year and most of them are women, this number will only increase.

They seek to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths; but Allah refuses but to perfect HIS light, though the disbelievers may resent it. (Quran 9:32)

Also, in the future when Imam Mahdi (as) arrives and when Jesus (as) arrives it will be clear as daylight that Islam is the right religion and most people will embrace Islam in crowds. Not because of violence but because the truth of the matter will be manifest to the entire world at that time. Allah (swt) said in the Quran.

We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (the Qur’an) is the truth. (Quran 41:53)

Peace

Did you get a chance to see the video? i’d love to read your comments What we learn in our mosques

The reason that you HEAR of some new atrocity everyday is that the media capitalises on the fear that is generated. Muslim terror stories are front page because of the fear that has been instilled in the population and those stories sell. Along with the propaganda that muslims are to be feared. Once a story about paedophile priests broke, suddenly they were everywhere. Now the majority of priests have been tarnished by the stereotype. It is the same with muslims. Don’t buy into the lies:)

Everything us catholics read in the quran is false, or dont you understand that?
Everything we read in the bible IS the truth!
We will never see anything otherwise, but muslims continue to preach their religious beliefs here!!!
Now some people just amaze me! :rolleyes:

Hi dolphinlove,
I remember you said one of your friends reverted to Islam and is now married to a Muslim. Do you think she did it for the man or because she believes its the truth

Here’s something from their own holy books…
Volume 5, Book 59, Number 369:

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:

Allah’s Apostle said, “Who is willing to kill Ka’b bin Al-Ashraf who has hurt Allah and His Apostle?” Thereupon Muhammad bin Maslama got up saying, “O Allah’s Apostle! **Would you like that I kill him?” **The Prophet said, “Yes,” Muhammad bin Maslama said, "Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Kab). "The Prophet said, “You may say it.” Then Muhammad bin Maslama went to Kab and said, “That man (i.e. Muhammad demands Sadaqa (i.e. Zakat) from us, and he has troubled us, and I have come to borrow something from you.” On that, Kab said, “By Allah, you will get tired of him!” Muhammad bin Maslama said, “Now as we have followed him, we do not want to leave him unless and until we see how his end is going to be. Now we want you to lend us a camel load or two of food.” (Some difference between narrators about a camel load or two.) Kab said, “Yes, (I will lend you), but you should mortgage something to me.” Muhammad bin Mas-lama and his companion said, “What do you want?” Ka’b replied, “Mortgage your women to me.” They said, “How can we mortgage our women to you and you are the most handsome of the 'Arabs?” Ka’b said, “Then mortgage your sons to me.” They said, “How can we mortgage our sons to you? Later they would be abused by the people’s saying that so-and-so has been mortgaged for a camel load of food. That would cause us great disgrace, but we will mortgage our arms to you.” Muhammad bin Maslama and his companion promised Kab that Muhammad would return to him. He came to Kab at night along with Kab’s foster brother, Abu Na’ila. Kab invited them to come into his fort, and then he went down to them. His wife asked him, “Where are you going at this time?” Kab replied, “None but Muhammad bin Maslama and my (foster) brother Abu Na’ila have come.” His wife said, "I hear a voice as if dropping blood is from him, Ka’b said. “They are none but my brother Muhammad bin Maslama and my foster brother Abu Naila. A generous man should respond to a call at night even if invited to be killed.” Muhammad bin Maslama went with two men. (Some narrators mention the men as 'Abu bin Jabr. Al Harith bin Aus and Abbad bin Bishr). So Muhammad bin Maslama went in together with two men, and sail to them, “When Ka’b comes, I will touch his hair and smell it, and when you see that I have got hold of his head, strip him. I will let you smell his head.” Kab bin Al-Ashraf came down to them wrapped in his clothes, and diffusing perfume. Muhammad bin Maslama said. " have never smelt a better scent than this. Ka’b replied. “I have got the best 'Arab women who know how to use the high class of perfume.” Muhammad bin Maslama requested Ka’b “Will you allow me to smell your head?” Ka’b said, “Yes.” Muhammad smelt it and made his companions smell it as well. Then he requested Ka’b again, “Will you let me (smell your head)?” Ka’b said, “Yes.” When Muhammad got a strong hold of him, he said (to his companions), “Get at him!” So they killed him and went to the Prophet and informed him. (Abu Rafi) was killed after Ka’b bin Al-Ashraf."
usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/059.sbt.html#005.059.369

I’m ashamed at the intolerance of my fellow catholics on this forum.

i could go to an anti-christian site too and drag up something ugly from the bible.

Fatma, I agree with your point about the media capitalising on atrocities committed by the minority, but if it isn’t too impolite to ask I noticed that your religion is listed as catholic muslim? may I ask how you can follow the two belief systems?

I’m actually a catholic, sorry, just being amusing like that american christian muslim reverend.

Well she CONVERTED to Islam for him, so he would marry her.
She prays and does everything according to the quran, but I pray she will see past the fog of lies.
She has even lied to me about things, and now this is not the friend I knew when she was a catholic, she would never lie to me.
Just goes to show how dishonest Islam makes a person…

are you refering to me may I ask?

yes you are a bigot:mad:

Oh right i get you :wink: got a bit confused there

im a bigot??? :rotfl:

All im saying is the truth, we believe in the bible and not the quran.
What is so ‘bigot’ about that??
listen to yourself…
I stand up for my fellow catholic booklover and that makes me a bigot. Honestly love, you have got it sooooo wrong!
But you have made me laugh… thank you
God Bless

oh and the part about muslims continue to preach their beliefs here, i was refering more so to the cutting and pasting we have to read over and over again, its a bit tiresome, dont you agree?

Tu quoque! And what’s your point?:rolleyes: Another non-contributory remark!

Vickie

Impatience, yes, intolerance, no: tolerance is a political value and right in the West.

A political religion founded by a warlord, Islam is by its very nature and history intolerant. One of its faithful has, on this Catholic site, proudly vaunted that by prophecy and in fact Islam is going to dominate the world.

The wisdom in seeing Islam as a threat is old; consider these words of genius by a great philosopher, David Hume:

“The admirers and follows of the ALCORAN insist on the excellent moral precepts interspersed throughout that wild and absurd performance. But it is to be supposed, that the ARABIC words, which correspond to the ENGLISH, equity, justice, temperance, meekness, charity, were such as, from the constant use of that tongue, must always be taken in a good sense; and it would have argued the greatest ignorance, not of morals, but of language, to have mentioned them with any epithets, besides those of applause and approbation. But would we know, whether the pretended prophet had really attained a just sentiment of morals? Let us attend to his narration; and we shall soon find, that he bestows praise on such instances of treachery, inhumanity, cruelty, revenge, bigotry, as are utterly incompatible with civilized society. No steady rule of right seems there to be attended to; and every action is blamed or praised, so far only as it is beneficial or hurtful to the true believers.”

For the hatred spewed by Muslims in Britain–where their numbers are legion–see the recent BBC 4 report on line: it is to make one weep.

Last, I would suggest that Muslims go on Catholic and Christian sites and that it is best to ignore them, as I know from hard experience.

I have canceled my membership in one such site because the Muslims and the Atheists prevented too much of an opportunity for sin, which we foreswear in our acts of contrition.

No, I am not saying whatever you say to them say nothing, but beware: they are here to stir things up, nothing more, nothing less, and living a Catholic life is hard enough without entertaining Satan in our homes.

careful, fatma might label you a bigot…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.