What must I do to be Catholic?

Please help me. After years as a protestant christian, something is still missing. I now more than ever long to become a part of Christ’s church, the Catholic Church!!! After years of study I know that I want to partake in Holy Communion, body, blood, soul an divinity What steps do I now take to accomplish this? I have seen the protestant churches splinter and divide, yet for 2000 years the (universal) Catholic Church remains. what led me to this? several things, but the 1 that sticks out and I am paraphrasing-----Peter, I will now call you the rock,and upon this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. WOW. This is the Catholic Church. Jesus did not say upon this rock you will write a book. That was very powerful to me, coming from a sola scriptura background. Tradition and scripture flow in harmony together. I WANT TO BECOME CATHOLIC!!! What is my next step? Thank You.

Praise God for your decision to become Catholic! Now, your next step is to call the rectory of the parish closest to you, and ask for information about their Inquiry Program into RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults). For a step-by-step guide on
how to become a Catholic click here.

You are in my prayers!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.