What New Songs Are You Listening To?

“Trinity” by Paper Tongues. Not sure about the rest of their stuff, but I like this one. “Get Higher” isn’t bad either.

“Like I Mean It” by Stars Go Dim. This is for their upcoming album, bit I like the current one, which you can download for free on their website. This video is from the current CD. A lot of the songs are love songs that could be about a girl or God.

While not Christian bands, Paper Tongues and Stars Go Dim are comprised of members who are professed Christians from various denominations.

I can’t say these songs are “new” but I have been listening to them lately. (Brace yourself though. My taste in music is heavily influenced by my hobbies. :o)

Over the Clouds by Alan - As you can already see on the cover art, this song’s from a game called God Eater. It’s a game I’ve been playing on my PSP lately and I kinda started to like it. :o

These other two though I’ve been listening because I’m still working on a fantasy fic.

Blaze Up
by Natsu of Fairy Tail
Aniron by Enya

Relistening to classic songs by Neocolours, a local band.

[quote="Lost_Wanderer, post:2, topic:240327"]

Over the Clouds by Alan - As you can already see on the cover art, this song's from a game called God Eater.

Blaze Up
by Natsu of Fairy Tail

Sounds like the stuff my sister listens to, are these anime related? My sister is really onto Japanese anime and loves the music, J-Rock and J-Pop stuff.

Aniron by Enya

[/quote]

If you like Enya, you might enjoy Loreena McKennit.

I tend to stick to classic, progressive, southern and alternative rock styles.

[quote="arvinsim, post:3, topic:240327"]
Relistening to classic songs by Neocolours, a local band.

[/quote]

I had to search YouTube for this, sounds like Adult Contemporary/Soft Pop music. Too quiet for me, but it sounds better than most AC/Pop music out there. Did they ever get airplay or chart anywhere? Or have they pretty much stayed indie/local?

I cannot stop listening to Mumford and Sons. Their album is seriously awsome! ‘Sigh No More’ and ‘The Cave’ are my two favorite songs.

Also been listening to Katy Perry’s last album.

I've been enjoying the band Van Canto, particularly their latest album "Tribe of Force". Here's the excellent opening track from that album:

Lost Forever

It's a cappella metal. :p They do have a drummer, but everything else is done by the five vocalists (even the "guitar" solos). Good stuff! (IMO, at least :o)

The Ballad of Serenity.

My friend’s one man band is Temmlock and I’ve been listening to a bunch of his stuff lately. Check out Life is Underrated and Cozy Cosmos on his channel.

reverbnation.com/temmlock

[quote="ClayPots47, post:4, topic:240327"]
Sounds like the stuff my sister listens to, are these anime related? My sister is really onto Japanese anime and loves the music, J-Rock and J-Pop stuff.

[/quote]

Yep. Definitely and I'm definitely one of those types just like your sis (only I'm a dude LOL! XD).

What can I say? Shallow it may be, it's one more thing I like about my hobby. :p

it aint real new, but I've been rocking it for a month or so and its still great IMHO

party rock: youtu.be/KQ6zr6kCPj8

"Rolling in the Deep" Adele
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Soundtrack!!:):D

Not new, but I recently discovered them so they are new to me.
"Oh No" Marina and the Diamonds
"Everybody" VV Brown

Magic System "Cherie Coco": youtube.com/watch?v=YQGA3zk5bT8 and "La Danse des Magiciens": youtube.com/watch?v=Qno7_dqD79A

Probably none. I live in the Los Angeles area, and most of the music I listen to is on KUSC 91.5 FM, a classical music station:harp:

[quote="child_of_God85, post:6, topic:240327"]
I cannot stop listening to Mumford and Sons. Their album is seriously awsome! 'Sigh No More' and 'The Cave' are my two favorite songs.

[/quote]

"Little Lion Man," IIRC, was the first song to hit #1 hit in the U.K. with an F-bomb in the chorus. I remember downloading it before it was released in the U.S.

Current fave is "Scheibe" by Lady Gaga - I love the whole Nena "99 Luftballoons" vibe of that song. (Any German-speakers know what she's saying in the song's prologue?) :)

[quote="Lost_Wanderer, post:2, topic:240327"]
I can't say these songs are "new" but I have been listening to them lately. (Brace yourself though. My taste in music is heavily influenced by my hobbies. :o)

Over the Clouds by Alan - As you can already see on the cover art, this song's from a game called God Eater. It's a game I've been playing on my PSP lately and I kinda started to like it. :o

These other two though I've been listening because I'm still working on a fantasy fic.

Blaze Up
by Natsu of Fairy Tail
Aniron by Enya

[/quote]

I agree. The songs I listen too arent new but good. I cant find GOOD Christian muic (except for the tape my Churche's band recorded) so I listen to songs that are without bad meaning. So ones that dont promote things that arent chaste. Fireflies and Vanillia twilight. Love it! "The stars lean down to kiss you, but I lie awake and miss you! Poor me a heavy dose of atmosphere . . ." I like the music to 'we are who we are' but, although she claims to be Christian, Kesha promotes things that are not chaste.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.