What’s your preference

I’m not quite sure if this is the right board to post this on but, out of curiosity which mass do you prefer, the Tridentine mass, or the Novus ordo mass?

I choose OF right now. Why? Because I just go to a parish with such a Mass.
People overthunk this!

I agree, I’ve seen people get quite upset over this. I think both are beautiful.

I prefer the TLM.

I like the Extraordinary Form.

I prefer the TLM.

I prefer the Novus Ordo Mass, but I love them both.

Like my favorite Bible is the one I’m reading at the time, my favorite Mass is the one I’m participating in at the time.

Disclaimer – I am expressing my opinion and not looking for validaiton or argument, so I limit my input to a single post per thread. Send me a PM, and I will be happy to continue the discussion without monopolizing this fine venue.

On the vast majority of days I will go to whichever one is more convenient for me to attend. Usually that’s an OF as there are a lot of those just a few minutes away. Attending TLM requires me to drive a long distance and so is not an everyday option.

I do enjoy the TLMs I occasionally attend, but from a practical perspective I can’t be driving all over town every day looking for one.

I prefer the TLM, unfortunately though, there isn’t a parish nearby that offers the TLM, so I need to travel about 35-45 min to attend. When I do attend the OF, I try to frequent the 11am high mass.

I would prefer the TLM but I can’t attend nearby, so I attend Novus Ordo.

I actually really love the Novus Ordo in sung Latin. :slightly_smiling_face:

My preference is to attend any Mass I’m able to.

Novus ordo mass! :pray::pray::pray:

I am happy to attend any Mass which the Church says is valid!!

My preference is the OF Mass where the red is done and the black said as prescribed and it is celebrated reverently.

I typically prefer the TLM, but I also love the sung Latin OF, especially when the Canon is used. Unfortunately the latter no longer exists in my diocese, and my work schedule makes it difficult to attend the former more often than once every 6-8 weeks or so.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.