What sacraments can a divorced and remarried Catholic receive, if any?

Thank God, I’m not in this position, but I know people who are.
Can they be baptized? Can they be anointed? Confirmed?

It depends whether or not the first marriage was valid in the eyes of the Church. This is something that would need to be explored with a priest.

[quote=qmvsimp]Thank God, I’m not in this position, but I know people who are.
Can they be baptized? Can they be anointed? Confirmed?
[/quote]

If the first Marriage was found invalid and the second Marriage was according to Church law. Then they have access to all the Sacraments.

If the second was not according to Church law but the first was found by the Church to be invalid. Then the second needs to be Convalidated before they have any access to the Sacraments except in danger of death.

Same applies if the first was never investigated by the Church. They have no access to any Sacraments except in danger of death.

A person who intentionally persists in a sinful Marriage situation may even be denied the Sacraments in danger of death.

If Brother Rich is correct, and I think he is, then lets stick to it. No wishy-washy discussions or teachings.

Brother Rich, (or anybody else who may care to post) One question, if under danger of death the person asks for last rites from a priest, Does the priest have to give it to him/her? I think yes, if he/she confesses. If he/she is healed then changes would be required.

Christ’s Peace,

[quote=TJD]If Brother Rich is correct, and I think he is, then lets stick to it. No wishy-washy discussions or teachings.

Brother Rich, (or anybody else who may care to post) One question, if under danger of death the person asks for last rites from a priest, Does the priest have to give it to him/her? I think yes, if he/she confesses. If he/she is healed then changes would be required.

Christ’s Peace,
[/quote]

Generally speaking when a person is in danger of death. They are in a physical condition where the situation that caused the prohibition is no longer present. They are usually confined to a nursing home or hospital. It is in the judgment of the Pastor. The primary mission of the Church is the salvation of souls, not the punishment of people.

[quote=Br. Rich SFO]Generally speaking when a person is in danger of death. They are in a physical condition where the situation that caused the prohibition is no longer present. They are usually confined to a nursing home or hospital. It is in the judgment of the Pastor. The primary mission of the Church is the salvation of souls, not the punishment of people.
[/quote]

Soooo true!
The punishment was to bring a person to their religious senses, repentence and change their ways of living and remove error from their beliefs. On the death bed, punishment would be an oxymoron toward its purpose, as their life is assumed finished.

Thank you all very much. I understand it now.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.