What should be done for the queen of heaven?

What should be done for the queen of heaven?

[SIGN]Hmmm?[/SIGN]

What exactly do you mean?

You were too quick. I was writing the poll.

Not another fundamentalist who thinks they know everything!

How long until we can expect this thread to be closed?

To the original poster, we’ve seen this same topic about 100 times already. If you do a topic search before posting a new thread, you can avoid repeat threads.

“Why does the catholic religion call Mary the ‘QUEEN OF HEAVEN’ ? Don’t we read in the book of Jeremiah where the Israelites worshiped wicked false goddess called the ‘QUEEN OF HEAVEN’ the Israelites were PUNISHED for worshipping her.” [LEFT]First, Catholics do not regard the Blessed Mother of the Lord as a god, or godess, or anything of the sort![/LEFT]

[LEFT]In the second place, the fact that a pagan deity was known as the queen of heaven doesn’t mean this term can’t rightfully be applied, in another sense altogether, to Mary. The pagan king of Babylon, Nebuchadnezzer, is called the king of kings by Daniel (Daniel 2:37), yet this doesn’t preclude Jesus from being called by the same title (Rev. 17:14; 19:16). [/LEFT]

[LEFT]Thirdly, Mary, whom all generations “shall call blessed.” (Luke 1:48) has a legitimate claim to the title of QUEEN OF HEAVEN . As Christians we acknowledge Christ as the king of heaven (Matt. 19:23-24). and a King of the the Davidic Royal line “He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David”(Luke:1:32) The Sacred Scriptures specifically refer to Mary as the mother of Christ over 25 times. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]Next, we must note “The mother of the ruling monarch is known as the Queen Mother,” (World Book Encyclopedia 2000) So we see that “Queen Mother” refers to the mother (Mary) of a reigning monarch (The the Divine King, Jesus Christ).[/LEFT]

[LEFT]The Queen Mother, "Gebi Rah" in Hebrew, was a distinct honor, and a tradition began by the son of David, Solomon. The Sacred Scriptures show in Ancient Israel or Judah the mother of the designated heir enjoyed a special status. Nathan enlisted Bathsheba rather than Solomon in his plan to have Solomon confirmed as king (1 Kings 1:11-40). [/LEFT]

[LEFT]Queen mother was an official position in Israel and Judah. Great care was taken in preserving the names of the queen mothers (1 Kings 14:21; 15:2,13; 22:42; 2 Kings 8:26). [/LEFT]

[LEFT]More here: catholicapologetics.net/apolo_100.htm
and here: scripturecatholic.com/blessed_virgin_mary.html#the_bvm-III[/LEFT]

Love her and her Son.

But that wasn’t what you were looking for, right?

Well Eden,

That is a lot of information, but it is really more than I was looking for.

Whoever is the queen of heaven, what should be done for her?

I gave you a few options, but I wasn’t thinking. I should have also had a box marked “Other (please explain)”.

VociMike has the idea.

BTW
Cæsar, I’m not a fundie.

[quote=Jay D]Well Eden,

That is a lot of information, but it is really more than I was looking for.
[/quote]

Forgive me. Next time, maybe, put a disclaimer “answers welcome, but please do not respond with a lot of information”.

[quote=Jay D] Whomever is the queen of heaven, what should be done for her?
[/quote]

On a Catholic website, you surely expected that the responses would be regarding the Virgin Mary.

I gave you a few options, but I wasn’t thinking. I should have also had a box marked “Other (please explain)”.

VociMike has the idea.

There isn’t a lot to explain. We should give her the respect and veneration that the Mother of God deserves.

Not answer silly polls?

– Mark L. Chance.

Strive to love God with all of your heart, mind, and soul, and to love others as myself? :slight_smile:

Good one.

That’s fine. I just wondered what people though would be appropriate to do for her–the queen of heaven.

Is burning incense out?

If you are interested in finding out if incense is appropriate for Mary, try this link:
newadvent.org/cathen/07716a.htm

How about do whatever you feel is appopriate to acknowledge her exalted position. She is Mother of Jesus Christ, who is second person of the Triune God, and she is the most honoured, exalted and perfect of all His creatures.

And love her as He loves her (perfectly) and honour her as He did (perfectly), in obedience to the commandment to ‘honour thy father and thy mother’. :yup:

I see the OP is LCMS. Wonder if he/she knows that Martin Luther affirmed all the Marian Dogmas: perpetual virginity, title as Mother of God (as Lutherans still do), Immaculate Conception and Bodily Assumption?

He does.

Mr. Luther would be welcome to vote in this poll.

So what would Luther say?

What should be done for the queen of heaven? Well I am not going to tell anyone what they should do for her, but me, I love her son and am devoutly obedient to Him, use her as a model for a life spent serving Christ and I accept her as my mother.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.