What Should I do?

Just last night I was free from sin and just last night i am stained with sin again.Ok,here it goes.
I went 4 penitential service last night,did a confession and received absolution.It was one of those services where you write down your sins on a piece of paper and then burn it.But during the mass,we didn;t burn it.We had face to face confession and then we received general absolution.

So,ok,After that my soul was free from sin.I went back to my house with my family.At the house,I decided to burn my piece of paper with my sins on it.So,i burned it in that glass thingy where you put big candles,but then my father advised me to burn it outside b4 i burned it.But i still continued to burn it inside the house.

Then suddenly,the glass thingy cracked,and my father was angry,he asked to put the fire out and we did.And so the candle glass thingy is broked.

What do u think I should do,Should i go 4 confession again(4 my sin of disobedience towards my father),although this incident happened just for like a few minutes after the penitential service.Pls tell me what to do,I want my soul to be holy in preparation 4 Good Friday.Ty for ur replies and God bless you.

How do you have face to face confession during mass?

Or are you thinking that “mass” is a generic name for any service in a Catholic Church.

And please write like an adult. “4” is a digit indicating a quanity of four. “For” is a preposition.

He is not an adult. Please, be kind and charitable towards our brother in Christ.

By all means, if you feel that this is mortal sin, go to confession and have it forgiven. God bless you!

Yes, disobedience is a sin. But I’m pretty sure that’s a venial one. Say an Act of Contrition. If you have a chance to go to Confession, go - but don’t feel that you can’t receive Communion if you don’t.

Dixie, be nice. I promise he didn’t write that way just to make you mad :D. My students write in txtspk all the time.

It’s the same as writing OTOH or IMO in a reply.

He is asking for help. We should be charitable.

I agree that you should go to confession if you think it a mortal sin, Bintulu. Talk with your priest.

:angel1:

Thank you everyone for your replies.I’ll think I’ll go for confession in morning mass today.Thank you and Happy Easter!

Your sin may have been venial, unless you thought it to be mortal before the time you decided to wreck the glass. Like someone said, say 5 or 10 Glory Be’s.

I never heard about burning sins on a piece of paper. That’s new to me.

It’s a neo-pagan idea that has become faddish. The Church disapproves and says it definitely has no place in the Sacrament of Reconciliation! But the abuse keeps going.:rolleyes:

Is the abuse the burning of the list or the creating a list in the first place?

I sometimes make a list to take in with me so that I don’t forget what I have come up with while examining my conscience. I feel like it helps me make a more thorough confession.

I have heard priests on tv say not to do that. I asked my confessor and he said the only problem would be if I did not destroy the list.(I always chopped it up or sent it through a paper shredder. That way the garbage-men can’t read your sins.)

So I am curious what you are saying the church disapproves of. I hope it is not having a written list, because that really helps me make a good confession.

My dear friend
If it was a general absolution it was invalid. You need a 1st or 2nd rite of confession under normal circumstances. Just reconfess all that you’ve confessed in these 3rd rites and abstain from communion until you do. Don’t worry about the mistake - it’s the priests fault , not yours. And don’t think God doesn’t love you if you slip up. He loves you always, no matter what and it’s all He can do. Just love Him back and try your best and all will be well. God knows what weak and feable creatures we all are. Just trust in God and have faith in Him and try your best. All will be well.:):thumbsup:

No, it’s not in making the list - it’s in thinking you’re Sacramentally absolved of your sins by burning them. Usually it’s not the congregation (who often don’t know better) that’s wrong, although their sins are not absolved by burning them, the one’s who know better and do it anyway are unfortunately some priests.:shrug:

Originally posted by John Russell Jr
And don’t think God doesn’t love you if you slip up. He loves you always, no matter what and it’s all He can do. Just love Him back and try your best and all will be well. God knows what weak and feable creatures we all are. Just trust in God and have faith in Him and try your best. All will be well.

:clapping: Wonderfully said!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.