What should I know as a non-Catholic attending a Holy Day Mass?

I am not Catholic. I was raised Baptist and I am currently a lay leader at a non-denominational church. My own Biblical studies and prayer have made me want to seek out how other groups in Christianity worship and serve. It is impossible to overlook the Catholic church when examining early church history and I have lately been researching the aspects of Catholic tradition.

I am looking to attend an All Saints Day mass at a local Catholic church. The mass is scheduled for 6:30 am on Friday, November 1st.

1. Is this offensive to other Catholics for me to want to worship alongside them on All Saints Day? I do not want to step on any toes.

2. What would be appropriate to wear? Since it’s at 6:30 am on a Friday, I was planning on wearing work clothes. I didn’t know if there were different expectations of dress for a Holy Day of Obligation.

3. Any pointers on what to do and what not to do? Do I just kind of follow along with everyone else or are there things I should stay away from?

Thank you so much for any help you can give me.

The following links should give you some guidelines for attending a Catholic Mass. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

What can Protestants do at Mass?
Order of Mass: Basic Texts for the Roman Catholic Eucharist

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.