What should you do when you forget what your penance is?

Hey everyone. The other day I went to Confession and Fr. Ray gave me a penance but I don't remember what it is. A lot of times he gives me a penance of 3 Our Fathers and so that is what I did. Is that good enough or what should I do?

Yes that is fine for now.

Since you know him by name --it sounds like you go to him normally --so in the next confession tell him you forgot the last penance.

[quote="Bookcat, post:2, topic:330565"]
Yes that is fine for now.

Since you know him by name --it sounds like you go to him normally --so in the next confession tell him you forgot the last penance.

[/quote]

Oh okay. I'll do that. And yes, I do know him by name. He's my Spiritual Director. :)

[quote="Holly3278, post:3, topic:330565"]
Oh okay. I'll do that. And yes, I do know him by name. He's my Spiritual Director. :)

[/quote]

Then* easy*.

No worries.

[quote="Holly3278, post:1, topic:330565"]
Hey everyone. The other day I went to Confession and Fr. Ray gave me a penance but I don't remember what it is. A lot of times he gives me a penance of 3 Our Fathers and so that is what I did. Is that good enough or what should I do?

[/quote]

It is not a sin to forget what your penance was. Doing any other penance is okay.

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate your advice! :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.