What sin (s) is this

I am 22 and was talking to my mom about something and she said I have been in the house too long and am getting bored since I lost my job. That is true. She suggested I go to the state park with my dad and his friend tomorrow. I don’t want to go . I said They will probably gossip. I don’t really think they will but I have become extremely scrupulous lately. I was a little mad but not that mad and i am over it now and feel sorry. I want to confess anger and don’t know if it was calumny or rash judgement also was that disrespect to parents. Please help. Also I don’t know if it is mortal or venial but I heard a song by a singer tonight and I thought intellectually I want to “do” her. Didn’t feel it in my heart should I confess it as lust. Also I have been having blasphemous thoughts since Saturday after my previous confession I have been trying to get rid of them but it was like I had a compulsion to think them. I received the Eucharist Sunday. Do I need to confess blasphemy or sacrilege . I don’t believe the thoughts I know they are not true.
Please advise so I can relax and please pray for me . God Bless

first of all, Sin has to be an act where we decide to do such act.

in the case of having blasphemous toughts i get the idea that you do not want them, the sin would be in accepting them. for example if these blasphemous toughts come to you and you simply ignore them then you are not sinning, in fact i would suggest you just ignore them, if you are like me, if you know that certain toughts are bad, you will feel a compulsion to think about it, and the fear will help that, so just ignore them, continue with what you were doing and dont worry.

first of all i suggest you realise that Sin is something we do, and the three rules for a sin to be mortal.

Grave matter
full knowledge
and full freedom. any one of this lacking and there is no mortal sin.

Thank you for the reply. I don’t know if they are comming toward me because I am thinking them becuase of a compulsion maybe ocd related or if they are just randomly popping in. they ruminate sometimes and repeat themselves over and over. I would love one day without the thoughts. The blasphemous thoughts. I don’t believe what they are saying. I guess I should explain to a priest In confession.
God Bless you and please pray for me.
Ps. I realize that I was trying to be perfect and got upset that everything was a sin. this isn’t good but I don’t want to go to the other extreme of Thinking I don’t commit sin. How does one find balance and the ability to live ones life without thinking every single thing is a sin?

I am 22 and was talking to my mom about something and she said I have been in the house too long and am getting bored since I lost my job. That is true. She suggested I go to the state park with my dad and his friend tomorrow. I don’t want to go . I said They will probably gossip. I don’t really think they will but I have become extremely scrupulous lately. I was a little mad but not that mad and i am over it now and feel sorry. I want to confess anger and don’t know if it was calumny or rash judgement also was that disrespect to parents. Please help. Also I don’t know if it is mortal or venial but I heard a song by a singer tonight and I thought intellectually I want to “do” her. Didn’t feel it in my heart should I confess it as lust. Also I have been having blasphemous thoughts since Saturday after my previous confession I have been trying to get rid of them but it was like I had a compulsion to think them. I received the Eucharist Sunday. Do I need to confess blasphemy or sacrilege . I don’t believe the thoughts I know they are not true.
Please advise so I can relax and please pray for me . God Bless

Hi Catholic235,

As a fellow Catholic who has been told that I suffer from “scrupulosity,” let me tell you that I understand what a nightmare everyday life can be. I have also come to understand, however, that scrupulosity can be transformed into a wonderful discernment which God has used through me for the betterment of myself and family.

You are seeking advice about these sins and the seriousness of them. While good intentions may inspire myself or anyone else to “advise so you can relax,” it is simply not mine nor anyone else’s place (other than a Priest) to determine these things. Right now, find a quiet place and spend some time in prayer. Ask Our Lady to intercede and try your hardest to TRUST in that intercession.

Also, first chance you get, call your Parish and schedule a meeting with your Priest. Your questions are in safer hands there. You will be in my prayers this evening, friend. Will you keep me in yours as well? God Bless

Those with scrupulosity please read this:

mission.liguori.org/newsletters/scrupulosity.htm

You’ll find that your conscience is not binding in certain circumstances.

Also, please find a spiritual director and inform him/her about how much time you spend reading up on all the Church rules and discerning sin. :thumbsup:

about the blasphemous toughts, I think you need not to worry, you love God, hence you fear insulting Him. but that fear is probably what makes you having those toughts, so am i saying that you should not fear insulting God? it deppends. do you have any real evidence that you have intentions of blaspheme? if not, then just continue normally, since they are most likely nuisances, not even ocassion of sin, sin is something we do on purpose, you can’t sin without knowing.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.