What spiritual advice can you give to someone who does not have access to a Catholic church in her area therefore she can't perform her Catholic obligations?

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ and Mama Mary,

This poor soul has been yearning to hear Mass, adore the REAL PRESENCE of Christ in the Blessed Sacrament, and frequent the confessional. Unfortunately, I have not been performing my holy tasks/obligations to our Lord not because I do not want to but because there are no Catholic churches in this part of the world where I am presently employed-SAUDI ARABIA-a Islamic country.

Am I in mortal sin for having missed Sunday Masses and holy days of obligation? The only time I get to hear mass, go to confession, and spend time with Jesus in the Adoration Chapel is every two years which is my end-of-contract vacation. :blush::crying:

I miss HIM sooooooo much…

No, you are **not **in mortal sin. The general principle of Church law is that no one can be obligated to do the impossible. Since you have no conceivable way to attend Mass, your obligation is abrogated.

When you pray you can make a spiritual communion:

Ecclesia de Eucharistia, #34:

In the Eucharist, “unlike any other sacrament, the mystery [of communion] is so perfect that it brings us to the heights of every good thing: Here is the ultimate goal of every human desire, because here we attain God and God joins himself to us in the most perfect union.” Precisely for this reason it is good to cultivate in our hearts a constant desire for the sacrament of the Eucharist. This was the origin of the practice of “spiritual communion,” which has happily been established in the Church for centuries and recommended by saints who were masters of the spiritual life. St. Teresa of Jesus wrote: “When you do not receive communion and you do not attend Mass, you can make a spiritual communion, which is a most beneficial practice; by it the love of God will be greatly impressed on you."

A popular prayer of spiritual communion is:

My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Blessed Sacrament.
I love You above all things and I desire You in my soul.
Since I cannot now receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart.
As though You were already there, I embrace You and unite myself to You;
permit not that I should ever be separated from You.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.