What to do.. [great uncle 2towers?]

My brother and I [both Catholic] are going to see my mom several states away Thursday. She has parkinsons and is not in great shape in assisted living.

I just got news from my sister [pro-choice Episcopalian] that my nephew’s girlfriend is pregnant. My nephew, like my sister is bi-polar and very immature in his 20s. [NOT a “couched” justification defense.] We are to stay with my sister and my nephews while visiting.

I was told nothing else. My first reaction was, “I don’t want to hear about this.” Because I was afraid where the conversation would lead. My sister knows I am die hard pro-life. She has asked me to not discuss this with my nephew. He has had a lot of trouble during his 20 something years. I refer to my family as “Dysfunctional Family Robinson” instead of Swiss Family Robinson.

I told my sister I would not bring it up, but now I don’t know if I can do that. I made a promise to my sister, but I am scared they may abort the baby. My sister had one when she was just a little older than my nephew.

I wasn’t going to post this, I tried to just put it out of my mind, but I am worried that this girl will abort the baby, and I have promised to keep quiet. I just don’t think I can stand it. I feel like I have to address the issue, but well as you can see, I am conflicted [and upset] about this.

Your thoughts?

Bring it up and do so in the most loving helpful way you can. Let them know that no baby should die. The Catholic Church everywhere has ways to help people in this situation during and after pregnancy------if they can not keep the baby. You just saying those things might save that baby’s life.

I am about to go to Adoration and I will offer this situation up for you there to Our Lord.

ALSO praying for your MOM!

Research organizations that help pregnant women in your nephew’s town so you can pass that info along to the couple?

ETA: you might also let your sister know that you may not be able to keep your promise.

closed #4

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.