What to do if someone doesn't consume the Host in front of the priest?

There was a story I heard where a little girl took the Most Sacred Body of Christ and didn't consume it.

This lady followed her to the little girls seat and told her to consume it. Was this wrong?

What is the correct protocol with Laity sees someone who didn't consume the host and is taking it to their seat.

I know it is forbidden because a Black Mass can be celebrated upon the Host, which is .... EVIL in all ways.

What should be done if a situation appears like this?

Personally, if I saw someone take It back to his seat, I would attempt to approach the priest discreetly and tell him.

[quote="JD27076, post:1, topic:288620"]
There was a story I heard where a little girl took the Most Sacred Body of Christ and didn't consume it.

This lady followed her to the little girls seat and told her to consume it. Was this wrong?

What is the correct protocol with Laity sees someone who didn't consume the host and is taking it to their seat.

I know it is forbidden because a Black Mass can be celebrated upon the Host, which is .... EVIL in all ways.

[/quote]

The woman did the right thing.

[/quote]

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a Black Mass?

The Black Mass is where the Sacred Host is taken out of the Chapel, taken to a Satanist or whoever house(Or black chapel) and desecrated. Its quite evil and immoral.

I generally sit in the front pew. I have seen a couple of people walk away with the Host. Each time, I stop them or have someone else stop them.

I couldn't imagine NOT protecting the Eucharist.

[quote="Journey322, post:4, topic:288620"]
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a Black Mass?

[/quote]

Mass in reverse. They try to unconsecrate it.

-Tim-

[/quote]

You can tell them to consume it in front of the Priest, but in a nice way. But it is actually the responsibility of the Priest, laity and you who saw it.

yes even children because someone could have asked that child to save it and give it to them etc.

If I saw something I would speak to the server at the side of me (though if he aint there wouldn't know whom to ) as wouldn't want to be the one who 'challenges' If I was in the choir and saw something I would speak to the choir mistress who sits at the side of me and leave it in their care. May later email the priest my concern for what I saw just. After all many a time I have walked to back of the church still chewing my host even after the wine because it that awkward or something and thankfully noone has asked me. though I am discretly chewing as embarrassed

[/quote]

This exact situation occured at our mass, many years ago. My wife saw the girl flipping the Blessed Sacrament from hand to hand and then putting it in her pocket.

No one else saw this. My wife went after the girl, stopped her, told her to get the host out of her pocket, (the mother of this girl was dumb-founded as to what was happening until she saw her daughter pull the host out of her pocket), then my wife told her to put the host in her mouth- the girl did as she was told. Then my wife simply said, " don't do that again". The mother I'm sure had some choice words for her daughter when they got home.

Same situation about a year later with me this time. I saw a grown man take the host and start toward his pew. I went after him and said, " you need to consume the host". He did. But come to find out, he was mis-informed about taking communion to a sick person in the home.
It was explained to him and all was well.

When we see this, it is important to take action through the shortest and most expedient route possible at the time. We can't be wishy washy about it. Don't wait until next Sunday or even after mass. It may be too late.

Perhaps I am going off topic, but is there really any evidence that the so called 'black' Mass exist(ed)?

[quote="Kevin812, post:11, topic:288620"]
Perhaps I am going off topic, but is there really any evidence that the so called 'black' Mass exist(ed)?

[/quote]

Yes they do.

San Francisco is the location of the first satanic church founded by Anton Sardoz Lavey.

My pastor has told us that he wants any parishioner if they see someone not consume the host to ask for it back. He does not want us to just tell them to consume it. His reasoning is that they are probably not Catholic, or have bad intentions for it. He wants it to be given to back.

There is an elephant in the room...

[quote="englishredrose, post:9, topic:288620"]
yes even children because someone could have asked that child to save it and give it to them etc.

If I saw something I would speak to the server at the side of me (though if he aint there wouldn't know whom to ) as wouldn't want to be the one who 'challenges' If I was in the choir and saw something I would speak to the choir mistress who sits at the side of me and leave it in their care. May later email the priest my concern for what I saw just. After all many a time I have walked to back of the church still chewing my host even after the wine because it that awkward or something and thankfully noone has asked me. though I am discretly chewing as embarrassed

[/quote]

Incorrect. My priest said that the priest should be told immediately and before that person gets out of the Church.

[quote="Kevin812, post:11, topic:288620"]

[/quote]

Yes Kevin it does exist.

[quote="Cathryn, post:13, topic:288620"]
My pastor has told us that he wants any parishioner if they see someone not consume the host to ask for it back. He does not want us to just tell them to consume it. His reasoning is that they are probably not Catholic, or have bad intentions for it. He wants it to be given to back.

[/quote]

So what are you suppose to do with it? Hold on to it until you can return it to the priest? :confused:

[/quote]

My understanding is that communion-in-the-hand is supposed to be consumed immediately. Communion on the tongue has no such restriction.

[quote="ProVobis, post:18, topic:288620"]
My understanding is that communion-in-the-hand is supposed to be consumed immediately. Communion on the tongue has no such restriction.

[/quote]

I am not even sure what to think about this. Kinda weird.

My guess is that he is pro-communion on the tongue and was using this as an opportunity to outline one of the benefits.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.