What to give JWs when they visit?

I have JWs coming to my house often, they dont ask me anything , they just give me some interesting reading material.

I have some pillar of faith, pillar of truths , what else should I give them? I know that they sometimes wont read it, but rather I would give it to them to read and explain to me, as a means of getting them to read. it.

what does everyone do or give to JWs?

maybe some cookies?

the last JW’s that came to our door I opened it while casually holding my trusty handgun…I just cant understand why they do not come back:D

I always give the JWs and the Mormon missionaries fresh eggs. Keeps them coming back and then I get to share my Faith with them. :wink:

Feed a missionary and then teach them how to fish!

in Christ
Steph

I guess I could show them the River (Hudson) as to fishing it we could always use their Watchtower Magazines as bait I guess:D

Generally speaking, JW’s will not accept catholic materials. Give them some cookies.
Mormons on the other hand are delightful. I once had two Mormon missionaries come to my door and leave a picture of Jesus. In return I gave them a prayer card of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel petitioning her for more vocations to the priesthood. Bless their hearts- they took it and prayed it.:smiley:

Generally speaking, JW’s will not accept catholic materials and will destroy or desecrate them. Give them some cookies instead.
Mormons on the other hand are delightful. I once had two Mormon missionaries come to my door and leave a picture of Jesus. In return I gave them a prayer card of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel petitioning her for more vocations to the priesthood. Bless their hearts- they took it and prayed it.:smiley:

give them jeff schwehm’s the end of false prophecy is here!
i believe that is what it is called, and trust me, it is quite true.

I offer bottled water, because to get out here they have to have been walking for quite a distance in hot dusty weather. I also keep Pillar of Fire Pillar of Truth in a basket by the door, for them and also for the Mormons. I keep it both in English and Spanish because neither denomination seems to have gotten the message that this is a senior citizen community inhabited by English speaking retirees from Canada and the Midwest.

I would personally reccomend that you drop to the ground and pray the Hail Mary. Then if they are still there and still breathing, give em some cookies.

PS- OP whatever do you mean by “interesting reading material”?

What pray tell is interesting about their literature? You must mean that in a joking silly kind of way right?

I can tell you that its as interesting as a ball of string.

I recently wrote my older brother a letter in response to a letter he had address to “family”. He claimed in his letter that they went door to door to tell people the truth. I responded by showing him bible passages that show what they say actually makes Jesus out to be an liar and deciever I remmber when he we were boys, he is a couple years older, he loved to read comic books. That is the appeal that I believe that their material has. What I say to them depends if they send ladies or children to the door. The last thing I said was to the local elder who has repeatedly been here was. I asked him if he was not a little embarrased, being and older grown man, why he went about talking about things he had not fully investigated. The last ladies and children I just let them view my Crusifix They have circular reasoning there is no point and infact some danger having any discussion with them for those who are not strong in their own faith. But giving eggs and a drink of watter I may consider.

Invite them in, offer them a drink and a snack, then try to discuss things w/your point of view. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn’t. As far as giving them literature, they won’t take it. So sad…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.