What Type of Music Do you listen To?

I’m just curious if they’re other country fans on this forum.

I listen to Rock, Pop and Country. My preferences are not so much the genre as much as the age of the music. I prefer music from the 50’s to late 70’s, and most of the music I have that is newer than that is by artists from that time period (such as Paul McCartney, Paul Simon and John Fogerty).

DGB

The only country I like is Garth Brooks.

I like anything classical, movie soundtracks, some jazz, and classic rock.

I listen to Classic Rock(60’s-70’s).Free,James Gang,Hendrix and of coarse the Beatles.I love Southern Rock!Skynerd,Molly Hatchet,Blackfoot etc,and Blues(SRV,Gary Moore,Clapton,Joe Bonamassa, Freddie King.I like some country,Alabama,Jason Aldean,Montgomery Gentry.I think Martina Mcbride has an amazing voice.

Some country I like like Nickel Creek. I generally like jazz hip hop, lounge, chill

I enjoy a little bit of every thing. My favorite is instrumental music specially Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass, Al Casey, Buddy Merrill, Al Hirt, Chet Atkins, etc.

Joe Satriani, Al Di Meola, Telemann, Vivaldi. :slight_smile:

I mostly go into game music these days. O:

Classic rock (especially Hendrix, Zappa and the Mothers, Beatles and ex-Beatles), desert rock (especially Masters of Reality with Chris Goss), classical, show tunes (especially spaghetti-western music by Ennio Morricone), reggae, anime, New Age (minus the beliefs), dixieland, big band, some older country (Johnny Cash, Hank Williams), some newer country (Cross Canadian Ragweed).

Herb Alpert and Tijuana Brass, Al Di Meola, Santana, Pink Floyd, Alan Parsons Project, Emerson, Lake and Palmer, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Frank Sinatra, Perry Como, Andy Williams, Initial D, Yoko Kano —a real fan of them, too.

Love to see fellow Herb Alpert fans here! :smiley: Also a big fan of Sinatra, Como, Bobby Darin, etc. Classic rock with some old school punk/thrash (Minor Threat, Buzzcocks, The Misfits) for good measure.

And of course: Rush, Rush, and yet again, more Rush. I’ve seen them at least once on every tour since 1987. :thumbsup:

Depends on the mood i’m and what day it is (Friday & Saturday night, let’s rock out to Hair Nation and 80’s on 8 on Sirius/XM!). Other days its Prime Country, Classic Rewind, or The Highway).

I do not listen to modern day “pop music”.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE country music.

George Strait, Reba, Alan Jackson, Loretta Lynn, Johnny Cash, Sara Evans, Jason Aldean … if it’s country, I LIKE IT! :extrahappy:

You should have either made the question “What type of music do you listen to the most?” or else allowed people to choose more than one poll option. :stuck_out_tongue:

There wasn’t an option for symphonic orchestral power metal, so I didn’t vote. :wink:

I was also a fan of Julius Wechter & the Baja Marimba Band (some of the musicians were also members of the Tijuana Brass). I like Bert Kaempfert and his orchestra, Chris Montez during his A & M years, The Ventures, and, believe it or not, Lawrence Welk! (I know he was synonymous with “square” but he could occasionally rock (“Calcutta”, for example):smiley:

What would you consider Barry White’s “Love Unlimited Orchestra”? Also would the Moody Blue’s album “Days of Future Past” be orchestral power metal?

I listen to almost anything from country to rock to pop to folk to classical to (some) rap to metal to big band to jazz. It usually just depends on my mood at the time.:stuck_out_tongue:

Lately, I’ve really been into Mumford and Sons, Paramore, Adele, Michael Buble, Florence + the Machine, Gotye, and Sara Barielles.

But I also really love Simon & Garfunkel, the Beatles, Moody Blues, Relient K, Righteous B, Lady Antebellum, Brad Paisley, Thousand Foot Krutch, Debussy, Chopin, musicals such as Wicked, Blake Shelton, Celtic Woman, A Fine Frenzy, Flyleaf, the Fray…just to name a few. :pshaw:

I don’t like country at all. It’s just horrible to me. I’m more of a rock, metal, jazz, blues, classical fan… not all together but separate. :thumbsup:

Allman Brothers, SRV, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jimi Hendrix, and a few others.

If I had to choose specific artists…

Rock = RED
Metal = Slipknot, Metallica
Jazz = Kenny G
Easy Listening/Swing = Frank Sinatra

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.