What type of prayers do you find you get results for?

God is going to answer you in ways you don’t expect. For example, when I received the copy of my baptism certificate I knew when I looked at the date why God wanted me to wait a year and three weeks extra to be received into the Catholic Church. My baptism date was Easter Sunday when I was received. I guess God wanted me to have that on a very important document and I in my thick head and stubbornes wouldn’t be able to listen in any other ways to God´s very tender voice.

I find that my best prayers are done when I’m fasting. When you’re fasting, you’re in a state of humility. When you’re humble, God moves [in your life] like a whirlwind.

Isaiah 58 does set the standard when done as instructed. 3 day fasts water only or 7 day was easer 21 day Daniel was really easy. 40 day was tough .

I’m not good at praying so my spirituality isn’t doing so well.

Find a prayer group . and pray for the people and you will start hearing the holy spirit giving you direction on how to have effective prayer the the book of James speaks of.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.