What types of natural medicine could I seek out that wouldn't be considered "New Age"?

What types of natural medicine could I seek out that wouldn’t be considered “New Age”? I’ve tried the conventional approach to no avail and only more damage done due to two craniotomies in 2008. I have a very rare condition that was caused by a blow to the head four years ago. And surgery did not resolve it. It just came back again for the third time in July this year.
Would it be OK to see an herbalist to try homeopathy or herbal medicines? I’m a single mom supporting my elderly father as well. So I have lots of responsibilities that I need to keep up with and thus it’s very important I try to get well.
I did have some healing touch and reiki done which actually helped with severe head pain and swelling, though only temporarily. I stopped that once I found out the Church’s stance on it and read what it was really about. I cannot take conventional meds either as I tend to get the serious side effects or even allergic reactions since this condition began. Anything that put my body off “balance”, too much salt, sugar, caffeine, food and my blood pressure goes up. I have compression on my brain due to an arachnoid cyst caused by the whiplash effect of the head injury. And it’s causing pituitary trauma due to the compression and thus increased intracranial pressure. I’m still trying to heal from the second surgery which was Dec. 22, 2008.
Thank you!

munderpsych,

The following links should assist you in better understanding the Catholic Church’s teaching on alternative medicine. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*][
Are herbal medicines okay?](“http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=166543”)
*]
Can Catholics use accupuncture?**
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.