What were Pope John Paul II's views on incorrupt bodies of saints?

Was he skeptical about the matter?

I don’t know and I really don’t care what his personal opinion was. What matters is what the Church thinks.

Excellent point, but what does the church think?

so why not pose a thread with the exact question, on the proper forum (spirituality).

Officially there is no “official teaching”. However it is quite amazing. It is unexplainable and truly miraculous. It is said that these saints expiated all their temporal punishment before they died and therefore with no taint of sin on their souls their bodies did not corrupt.

I thought this was the “Traditional Catholicism” forum:shrug: . It seems that all of “Catholicism” these days is being labled “traditional”.

Ken

I have seen several incorrupt bodies and it is truly amazing. As far as I know, the Church has no official teaching on the matter, but does recognize this as an outward sign of the sanctity of the individual. There is an excellent book on the subject called “The Incorruptibles”, Sorry, I do not remember the name of the author, but you should be able to get it at any good Catholic book store.
Deacon Ed B

Why would he be?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.