What will happen to those who don't

eat the body and drink the blood of Christ (Eucharist)?

Jn 6:50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. http://www.ekaristi.org/bible/px.gif

Jn 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

GBU

Look but don’t touch, touch but don’t taste, taste but don’t swallow

He shall miss out on the grace that is bestowed on those that properly receive the Eucharist. Can you still get to heaven? I would imagine so, but you are missing out on a chance to partake in God’s grace which ultimately is what leads us into heaven.

This is similar to those who receive the Eucharist unworthily. Grace is only bestowed when it is properly discerned. This is true for all the Sacraments. Think of when the woman who had hemorraghed for 12 (or 20?) years. She reached out and touched Jesus garment and was healed. Even though there were others crowded around, only she was freed from sin, because of her faith.

NotWorthy

He will not be able to accept the Lord Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Saviour in the most intimate way known

But…if he at least accepts him spiritually, he will be O.K.

[quote=Lillith]He will not be able to accept the Lord Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Saviour in the most intimate way known

But…if he at least accepts him spiritually, he will be O.K.
[/quote]

I think that’s a bit speculative. I would leave it up to God to decide what happens to them.

[quote=tkdnick]I think that’s a bit speculative. I would leave it up to God to decide what happens to them.
[/quote]

True…it is speculative…but the question leads to speculation…it’s so hypothetical

When in doubt err on the side of life

[quote=Lillith]True…it is speculative…but the question leads to speculation…it’s so hypothetical

When in doubt err on the side of life
[/quote]

Good point!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.