What will happen when Jesus returns?

I know that in the Old Testament we see through the prophets that a new messiah will come and be the son of God. With the NT yes we are told that he will return but not as much detail as the OT.

When Jesus returns what do you think will happen? Do you think he will celebrate mass?

Jesus will come with His angels and destroy all evil, and will cast Satan, the Antichrist, and the False Prophet into the Lake of Fire. Everyone will be raised, good and bad, and the good will receive their glorified bodies, and the bad will be cast body and soul into the Lake of Fire.

What was it?!?!? Last weeks readings said, "heaven & earth shall pass away ..." To which I cannot fathom what heaven passing away would be like. We (especially sic-fi junkies) see how earth can pass away (collision with moon, asteroid, ect) but how peaceful/violent/Freaky will it be to have heaven pass away?!??!?!?!?

No, He will not "celebrate Mass". He is the Lamb that was slain. He is returning (the Parousia) in glory at the end of "time" (okay we could discuss this for months lol) to establish a "new Jerusalem": i.e., a "heaven on earth". All things will "pass away" doesn't mean they are sent to the trash. God doesn't make trash, and everything is part of Him. It means it will be a "resurrected' creation, restored to its original nature (Eden). At least, that is what I have been taught. What I KNOW is that God is very, very hesitant to lose one soul, wants all to be with Him, and will never turn His back on anything He created but, rather, restore it to perfection. I could be wrong, I often am.

Padre Pio's prophetic letter on this:

youtube.com/watch?v=0I05O7eOkto

[quote="FrancisBenedict, post:5, topic:325517"]
Padre Pio's prophetic letter on this:

youtube.com/watch?v=0I05O7eOkto

[/quote]

There are those who say this "letter" is a "fake". See this:
jimmyakin.com/2010/01/a-reader-writessomebody-asked-me-in-regard-of-this-article-is-it-true-or-false-is-it-authentic-or-just-regular-pious-writi.html

[quote="chero23, post:1, topic:325517"]
IWhen Jesus returns what do you think will happen? Do you think he will celebrate mass?

[/quote]

How cool would that be to be at Mass presided over by Jesus. That thought got me really excited!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.