What will heaven be like?

This is something I often wonder myself. Heaven is always referred to as eternal or outside of time. If heaven exists outside of time, I have no way to comprehend it. Without time, there can be no talking, no motion, no new knowledge or experiences, no thought process. I have no frame of reference to imagine that. On the other hand, I feel ill-equipped to handle an eternity of experiencing time.

This is something I often wonder myself. Heaven is always referred to as eternal or outside of time. If heaven exists outside of time, I have no way to comprehend it. Without time, there can be no talking, no motion, no new knowledge or experiences, no thought process. I have no frame of reference to imagine that. On the other hand, I feel ill-equipped to handle an eternity of experiencing time.

I can’t tell you about what “time” is or isn’t like in Heaven, but the thing about Heaven is that everyone is 100% happy :smiley: ! We’re all filled with the presence of God. We can see HIm and hear His voice, and that alone is so wonderous a thing, that it is enough to keep us happy for all eternity.

I once asked my mom if I’d get to see my dog in Heaven and she answered that whatever I needed to be completely happy in Heaven, I would have. So you don’t have to worry about being “ill-equipt” or bored. We’ll never know all the specifics until we get there (hopefully :gopray2: ), but we can all be assured that it will be perfect and we’ll truly enjoy it fully from when we enter to all eternity.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.