What Would Be Appropriate To Engarve On My Saint Catherine of Alexandria Medal?

Hello everyone! Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I am a twenty-three-year-old university student of the Catholic faith with just one semester left of undergrad (in the fall) and I plan to take the GRE test so I can apply to graduate school. My dream is to earn a PhD and be a humanities professor. However, I am horrible at math and I always have been and always will be. In undergrad, I struggled with a few math classes and I know I shall never be good at math and I know there will be a qualitative (math portion) of the GRE test. I purchased a statue of St. Thomas Aquinas on amazon this morning (as I will be praying a lot aside from studying) in order to do well on the test and hopefully, be accepted into a graduate program I dream of. St. Catherine of Alexandria is also a patron of students, like St. Thomas Aquinas and I have the option of getting a personalized medal of St. Catherine of Alexandria which I want to wear all throughout this journey. Yet though I know it should say “pray for us” (which most medals do, and I am fine with that) on the back, yet I also want something inspirational/as well as motivation in terms of academic/admission success in both the GRE and being accepted, like I said, to a graduate program I wish go to. However, I cannot think of a good engraving for motivation, spirituality, and inspiration. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Can you explain the above sentence to me?

I’m a bit confused about the purchase of the statue in order to do well on the test and be accepted into the grad program.

Peace.

Woops, I meant “I will be praying a lot alongside studying a lot”(not aside, was sort of in a rush to write this post) and since St. Thomas Aquinas is the patron of students, I shall be praying to him and wearing a St. Catherine of Alexandria medal (both saints will be prayed to and devoted to avidly, since both are patrons of students) in hopes of succeeding on doing well on the GRE and getting into the grad program.

I would suggest "Verso l’alto’, which means to the top. This is attributed to Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati.

:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.