What would be the traditional prayer for my situation?

Hello,
I just joined this neat group hoping to reconnect to God and my catholic faith. I am going through some challenging times right now. I would like to start praying one or two prayers that wouId fit my situation, but I am not sure what ones would best fit. I am about to have a major surgery. I also just found out that a mole I had removed was pre-cancerous, so the Dr. wants to remove more. Money is tight the way it was. I have a teenage son who is testing his boundaries. We are adding on to our house also, so my husband is pretty busy with that. It seems that I havent really talked to him in weeks. My daughter who is 7 seems to be lost in the mix begging for my attention. All I want to do is breathe and hear God speak to me. When ever I try to quiet down to try and hear him all I can hear is all the things I need to do or all the things I forgot to do! Please help! Thank You so much.
-Sarah

St. Teresa’s Bookmark

Let nothing disturb you; Let nothing frighten you. All things are passing. God never changes. Patience obtains all things. Nothing is wanting to him who possesses God. God alone suffices.

– St. Teresa of Avila

Sometimes God allows trials to better us as human beings. I will pray for you because I understand you trials. I don’t know a special prayer for that situation, but asking the ultimate Mother for help may not take your stressful situations away, but it will make you at peace with it:

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of they womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

[LIST]
Hello, Scapper! Thank you for Sharing. Is Catholic way! Very important to contact your Catholic Church, Share this with them. They have Prayer tree, And Pastor and volunteersmay be able to Help you. Someone should give you a Miraculous Medal, Etc. Several of us will pray for you also![/LIST][LIST]
Hopefully you are Active Catholic. Either way, please call your Catholic Parish first. Please try not to worry. Our Lord will help, on His way. God Bless you and Family. [/LIST]:gopray2: We are praying! Catholics are Family! Tony

Praying very hard for you and your family!

Memorare

Remember, O most compassionate
Virgin Mary, that never was it known
that anyone who fled to your protection,
implored your assistance, or sought your
intercession was left unaided. Inspired with
this confidence, we fly unto you, O Virgin
of Virgins, our Mother; to you we come;
before you we kneel sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not our petitions, but in
your clemency hear and answer them. Amen.

Immaculate Heart of Mary
Pray for us.

The Rosary is also a very potent prayer. If you find that you cannot meditate on the Mysteries of the Rosary, just say the Hail Mary on the beads. The Blessed Mother will hear you.

:grouphug: :blessyou:

[LIST]
And not enough people realize that the Rosary is a literal walk through the Gospels about Our Lord, by praying with his ideal Mother. Please look at the ‘Mysteries of the Rosary’. [LIST]
*]
And the reason we pray to the Blessed Virgin is to ask Her to Pray for Us: “Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death, Amen” [/LIST] Vivat Jesus. Tony[/LIST]

+JMJTJ+

You will be in my prayers.
Perhaps this prayer will help? It does the trick for me…

*** Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen***

God bless you +

[LIST]
Szapper, one of best prayers is You just talking to the Lord from your heart. Just list your worries, and the Main thing is to ask Him to help, as He sees fit. Our Lord knows better than anyone what is best for us. [LIST]
I’ve head it said that God is not Santa Claus. We don’t always get the wishes we want. He often gives us gifts we need even more. [/LIST] And my own experience is that praying for Others results in biggest gifts to the one praying.[/LIST] [LIST]
I heard the tearful Bever Cried story by a former Airborn Lieutenant, about his Dad, born with one leg shorter than the other, going into an empty Church to pray for his 4 sons. When he left, ne noticed his Short Leg was normal length. Ny friend was crying, maybe firsttime in his life. He explained he had never told that story to anyone, because these things were not something to talk about. [/LIST] [LIST]
Am praying for your children, and you, and your Family, asking Our Lord to help as He sees best. [/LIST] Live in Jesus :signofcross: :gopray2: :blessyou: Tony

My heart goes out to you.
I completely agree with the quoted poster. Pray the Rosary.God love you!

Sarah:

I’m sorry to see that you are hurting and afraid, and I know it doesn’t help that money is tight or that you feel guilty that your daughter feels left out. It’s perfectly alright to be afraid, and it’s Ok to tell your family what needs to be done, and you might even need to tell your daughter that you just can’t be available right now and to ask your husband, and the rest of your family, if they can fill in a little so you can take care of this.

Find a parish and talk to the pastor about everything you and others have said here. Tell him about how afraid you are and ask him for both the Sacrament of Reconciliation (I’m going to assume that it’s been awhile) and the Sacrament of Healing (That’s what the scriptures tell us to do) and then to put your name on the parish prayer list.

I’ve found there’s little that beats praying in font of our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament in these situations. When I have people who are very sick that I need to pray for, I will fall on my face in front of the Lord and be silent for a few moments and then try to enter His Presence:
THE LORD’S PRAYER
Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name,
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done
on earth, as it is in heaven,
Give us this day our Daily Bread,
and forgive us our debts,
as we forgive our debtors,
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. AMEN.
For Thine is the kingdom,
and the power and the glory. AMEN.

• A moment or two of silence -
    THE TRISAGION
    Holy God,
    Holy and Mighty,
    Holy Immortal,
    Have mercy on me

3-5 times
    This provides a recognition of Who I’m talking to – A moment or two of silence…
    THE JESUS PRAYER
    Lord Jesus Christ,
    Son of the living God,
    Have mercy on me,
    a miserable Sinner.

Keep praying slowly until you relax.I’ve found this helps to get me focused on Jesus and his mercy. The Desert Fathers called the “Jesus Prayer” the “Prayer of the Publican” and prayed it continuously to keep themselves centered on our Lord Jesus. A prayer Fr. Corapi used to help him with trust was this one:
    Immaculate Heart of Mary
    I put my whole trust in you

Repeat 10-15 times
    After a 2 or 3 moments of silence, get up and read one paragraph of scripture slowly and outloud, over and over and again, starting with Isaiah 52:13 and concluding with Isaiah 55:5. I figure this will take 8 visits (3-7 verses per paragraph) - Isa 52:13-53:3; Isa 53:4-7; Isa 53:8-12; Isa 54:1-3; Isa 54:4-6; Isa 54:7-10; Isa 54:11-17; Isa 55:1-5.

This passage from Isaiah may ove you to tears, but you will come to know the Lord as the One Who loves you and heals you and Who is with you in your fears. You will never be alone again.

It’s probably simplest to end each session with the Lord’s Prayer, the Hail Mary and the Glory Be. You might want to have someone teach you the St. Michael’s Prayer and the Angelus, or I can do that later.

I hope this helps.

Your Brother in Christ, Michael

Well said, Trad Ang, Post # 11!. :amen: Tony

Thank You Thank you Thank You to all of you who took the time to write something back to me. There are a lot of people out there who need prayerand are hurting . When I read the posts of others who’s difficulties seem harder than mine I feel truly blessed that there arre people that still took the time to find answers for me. Thank you very much. I will pray for all of your well being. May God Bless! :slight_smile:

[LIST]
:blessyou: :amen: [/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.