What would God's Pottery do?

LoL…have you guys ever heard of those guys??? ‘God’s Pottery’?? I guess they’re a comic duo…and their whole bit is that they’re these, I guess, overly Christians…spreading the good word, but…idk, the first time I seen em’ I got mad…if they’re not Christians, then, I was kinda feeling like they were laughing at our expense…and it pisses me off how people try to stereotype Christians as…well, like how their act is…

So I went to their website…to find out what their all about…and after watching some of their videos I think they might even be Catholics?? Theres one video ‘Jesus I need a drink’ where they’re really talking about drinking the Eucharist, not alcohol…so…catholics maybe??

Either way, I ended up coming to the conclusion that these guys are probably most definitely NERDS- however, theyre intentions are sincere…I dont think they’re trying to blashpemize or anything…theyre titles and things they say imply theyre going to- but really theyre not…so…idk…kinda funny…just wondered what you guys thought, or if you’ve heard of em…

Heres their website:

www.godspottery.com

Theres also a bunch of different skits on youtube, here:

www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gods+pottery&search_type=&aq=f

My brief prowl of the net seems to indicate they are a “faux-Christian” group, and their stuff is a parody/mockery of Christianity.

My actual first clue was the mention of Janeane Garofalo (an atheist) on their website.

Ah see!!! and I’m not down with that…i dont like it when people mock us, you know? its just so disrespectful…everyone’s entitled to their ‘beliefs’…yet somehow those who HAVE them are ridiculous and funny…ew that irks me…

and at first glance thats what i thought about these guys, but…then i guess i gave em the benefit of the doubt…like maybe they really were christians, but making fun of themselves in a way…know what i mean? kinda 2 different things…

in all honesty theyre really NOT all THAT funny…i just kinda tripped out yesterday cuz i never heard of em before…

I agree, Jeanene is also extremely anti-white. If I were you, I would show up dressed as a the Geico caveman, you know, the " missing link" from evolution. :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.