What would Jesus say or do...

What would Jesus say or do if a Muslim came up to him, handed him a Quran and said "this is the truth".

What would be Jesus's response?

“[size=]I am the Truth and The Light. No one comes to the Father but through Me.”[/size]:highprayer::heaven::harp:

[quote="Kathryn_Ann, post:2, topic:281037"]
"[size=]I[/size] am the Truth and The Light. No one comes to the Father but through Me.":highprayer::heaven::harp:

[/quote]

And the muslim would say... but but but thats not what Mohammad said!

:thumbsup:

no idea but maybe

this

http://dump.fm/avatars/20100522/1274568701065-dumpfm-Jesus-laughingjesusart.jpg

:rotfl:

[quote="Kathryn_Ann, post:2, topic:281037"]
"[size=]I[/size] am the Truth and The Light. No one comes to the Father but through Me.":highprayer::heaven::harp:

[/quote]

I believe that is actually "I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE". But I agree 100%. He has already said it and they ignore it.

Well you see, Jesus Himself IS truth.

Personally I think that the Muslim would, simply in seeing Jesus, recognize truth.

And then he would have to judge whether he wants to accept 'truth', or whether he wants to keep on asserting untruth as truth.

We all hope he would accept truth, but we know that people can persist in wrong for many reasons even when they know it's wrong.

I do not think Jesus would have to say anything. He is who He is. He would just look lovingly at this man and let the man choose.

[quote="Tantum_ergo, post:8, topic:281037"]
Well you see, Jesus Himself IS truth.

Personally I think that the Muslim would, simply in seeing Jesus, recognize truth.

And then he would have to judge whether he wants to accept 'truth', or whether he wants to keep on asserting untruth as truth.

We all hope he would accept truth, but we know that people can persist in wrong for many reasons even when they know it's wrong.

I do not think Jesus would have to say anything. He is who He is. He would just look lovingly at this man and let the man choose.

[/quote]

Maybe, but we know what happened when he walked the earth. Many ran the other way and they ended up crucifying him. Or should I say WE ended up crucifying him.

If it was that easy as just telling the truth by his appearance, then the Jews wouldn’t have hated him.

Matthew 16:23.

:slight_smile:

so you assume that Islam is made from an Evil force?

Have you spoken to Joseph Smith about this?

Jesus would be all like “sorry about the whole crusade thing”

The truth? Yea, verily, thou canst not *handle *the truth.

[quote="SteveVH, post:7, topic:281037"]
I believe that is actually "I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE". But I agree 100%. He has already said it and they ignore it.

[/quote]

**Thank you, SteveVH, :knight1::knight2: (He is truly the light as well, but here is the exact Bible Quote)

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and t)he truth and the life ...:signofcross:
no one comes to the Father but through Me.
Kathryn Ann**
:heaven::harp::angel1:

I assume Jesus would say the same to Joseph as he would to Moh.

What would Jesus say or do?

Perhaps the Bible can offer a few clues concerning this:

Matthew 7
21 “Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord', will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’
23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

But hang on a minute, here is another clue --> the people who are talking to Jesus (pbuh) in this Biblical passage are calling him 'Lord, Lord'.. and so they are not likely to be Muslims because Muslims simply do not call Jesus 'Lord' and drive out demons in his name.

And so, which group of people could Jesus be talking about here?.. The Bible provides yet another clue:

Matthew 5
17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

and also:

"If you love me, you will keep my commandments." .. John 14:15

It is pretty clear that what the Bible says Jesus Christ (pbuh) would say to those who come to him on the Day of Judgment would only apply to Muslims in the case of those who love him by keeping the Commandments.

Did Jesus assume Peter was an Evil force, in Matthew 16:23?

:slight_smile:

I find your statment rather confusing. Are you saying that what Jesus would say to those who come to him on the Day of Judgment would not apply to those Muslims who do not love him by keeping his commandments? Trust me, the Day of Judgment will apply to everyone, regardless of their beliefs. Those who have heard his Word and have not accepted it and lived their lives accordingly will be subject to judgement.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.