What would Muhammad say to Jesus

Dear Brother Jesus:
May God’s peace and blessings be upon you.

While you walked on Planet Earth you communicated - as I did - God’s message, to “worship sincerely your Lord God Almighty, Who created you and those who came before you, so that you may become righteous.” But today, your followers worship you as God’s “only begotten Son.”

Did you ask people to believe that you, the Holy Spirit and your mother Mary are all gods? I know you did not. You told people - as the One God commanded us – “to worship God, Who is my Lord and your Lord.”

Dear Brother Jesus:
Your followers believe that God abandoned you and allowed your enemies to kill you on the cross. But we know that God saved you and took you to heaven. I pray that your followers will read the Qur’an, which is also their book. For we know that all of God’s books are in reality but One Book, the Book of all God’s Messengers and Prophets.

My followers love you as dearly as they love me. And they love your mother Mary, for she was the only woman ever chosen by God to be a virgin mother.

Dear Brother Jesus:
My followers believe in the miracles you performed, as reported in the Qur’an; miracles that were witnessed from the time you were a baby and all through your mission. You and I both know that your miracles were performed entirely through the infinite power of our Almighty Creator.

My followers believe that you were a perfect being, but fully human nevertheless. I spent many years warning people not to worship me and telling them that God alone is worthy of worship, for He is the One God, Perfect, Absolute and Infinite.

Dear Brother Jesus:
Here on Planet Earth people still kill innocent men, women and children in your name, modeling themselves after the medieval Crusaders. There are also those who, in the cause of Christian Zionism, spread hate, oppression and injustice in your name. I fervently hope they would read and follow your message – sooner rather than later – and find true peace in their hearts.

Dear Brother Jesus:
Some of your followers smear my message, slander my name and propagate hate against my Muslim brothers and sisters. I pray that they will find enlightenment and spiritual guidance. You and I were used to these kinds of people, but we never stopped praying for them.

Dear Brother Jesus:
We know that only a very few of your teachings survived in your mother tongue down through the ages. But over time some people of the early Church claimed to have had special communication, in which you told them you are the Son of God. But I wish they had heard the Truth instead and that their present-day successors will discover it.

Dear Brother Jesus:
On Planet Earth, there are people (the Jews) still waiting for you, a Messiah, to come as a guide and Saviour. There others who believe you never existed at all. And there are yet others who would sooner follow the dictates of a hierarchical religious establishment called The Church, rather than accept your teachings. Both of us must pray for them all.

Dear Brother Jesus:
My true followers and your true followers must first love God more than anyone or anything else; only then they will know how to love us and love one another.

My true followers and your true followers must come to know that we preached the same message, from the same Source, and that we had but one divine Book. The message was that of the Almighty God; we were only His human messengers.

Dear Brother Jesus:
My true followers and your true followers must work together for peace and justice. They must know that the One God will guide them to the Truth and will welcome them to His Paradise.

They must support the poor, the oppressed, the elderly, the young, all who are weak or defenseless. They must understand that although life on Planet Earth can be abundant and good, it is also too short to waste through greed, enmity and apathy. They must be fully engaged in living as workers for God.

My true followers and your true followers are many, but they have also become a vast silent majority. They must learn to speak out for the truth; only then will God’s peace prevail.

Dear Brother Jesus:
Let us pray for all fellow humans and let us ask God Almighty to guide and bless them. Amen.

And what would Jesus say back?

'My dear beloved but mistaken brother Muhammad - I am indeed a child of God the Father. But I am no mere human being such as yourself.

I made this clear while I was on earth - I said “before your father Abraham was, I AM”. And I said “you will keep MY commands”, not the Father’s. For the Father and I are indeed one and the same - which I also said! - and my commands are his commands. And I existed with him from the beginning of time.

For, brother Muhammad, I am indeed the very Word of the Father, who as my disciple John wrote, has existed from the beginning. I am the Word of God who ‘was with God’ and I am the Word who ‘WAS God’. I am the Word of God which was made flesh. I am very God made flesh.

My disciples truly wrote my words and sayings about myself down and accurately stated that I allowed my apostle Thomas to worship me as God among others. Again, this is because in very truth I am God.

And being the very Word of God made flesh, unlike yourself, myself and my teachings are in themselves entirely sufficient. There is no need for others such as you and those who have followed you to add to them.’

He would also tell Muhammed that His followers do not believe Mary is a god :mad:

In his eternal separation from God, Muhammad would most likely say. Forgive me for I was wrong your are indeed the Son of the Most High the second person of the Holy Trinity and truly are God.

I am not sure where you found that “letter” or what ever you wish to call it but it has no place here. It sounds to me like you are putting forth a pro-muslim agenda. :confused:

Yours in Christ Jesus through Mary :smiley:

John

hmmm ok.

From the hadiith I’ve read, somehow I think Muhammad’s thoughts and actions would not be so pacifist.

That’s not what’s important nor is it what the Qur’an condemns, which is *taking *Mary *as *a deity. When you’re being judged God doesn’t care what your ‘beliefs’ were, what he cares about are your actions.

Yet another ‘prophet’ claiming to know what another ‘prophet’ would say to Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior…:rolleyes:

I started to read the post, but after the third paragraph I realized I was wasting my time.:shrug:

Of course he also never mentions the Holy Spirit :rolleyes:

Anyway, Muhammed, when he met Jesus, probably said something like this: please have mercy on me, I really screwed things up! And who knows what the just Judge said, but it was most likely this:

" I know you not, whence you are: depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you shall see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out."

Actually, no. If he was going to do as you claim, he would have condemned the actual Trinity (including the Holy Spirit) and then any perceived Mary “worship.” But, he pretty clearly associates the Trinity with the the Father, Jesus, and Mary. :rolleyes:

O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His apostles. Say not “Trinity” : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah. Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs. (4:171)

“And (remember) when Allaah will say (on the Day of Resurrection): “O Jesus son of Mary! Did you say unto men: ‘Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allaah?’ (5:116)

He also screws up the understanding of the eternal and co-equal Sonship.

“Master, what must I do to be saved?”

What he would say is what is recorded in the Koran. Muhammed says much about Jesus because Jesus lived 600 years before Muhammed. He denies the most basic tenets of the Good News.

What Jesus would say to Muhammed is the real trick. There is a chapter in this book that does a fair job in guessing what He might say to him.

amazon.com/Jesus-Muhammad-Differences-Surprising-Similarities/dp/1591852919

[quote=Genesis315]Actually, no. If he was going to do as you claim, he would have condemned the actual Trinity (including the Holy Spirit) and then any perceived Mary “worship.” But, he pretty clearly associates the Trinity with the the Father, Jesus, and Mary.

O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His apostles. Say not “Trinity” : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah. Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs. (4:171)

“And (remember) when Allaah will say (on the Day of Resurrection): “O Jesus son of Mary! Did you say unto men: ‘Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allaah?’ (5:116)

He also screws up the understanding of the eternal and co-equal Sonship.
[/quote]

What you’ve done there is never a good method of understanding the Qur’an (or any scripture for that matter), taking two verses from different Suras in very different contexts and then saying they’re talking about the same thing. They’re not.

4:171 is talking about the Trinity, and it says that Jesus (as) is not the Son of God he is just an apostle, and tells Christians not to say ‘three’ (notice how it doesn’t say three what, it just says ‘say not three’, very important). It doesn’t claim Mary was part of the Trinity.

5:116 however isn’t talking about the Trinity, nowhere does it mention anything to do with ‘three’, the only verses in the Qur’an that talk about the Trinity are 4:171 and 5:72-73. Read the verses around it and you’ll see that it’s describing the Day of Judgement, in which the Christians are brought before God to answer for their crimes against Him, and Jesus (as) is brought as a witness that he did not instruct them to take him or his mother as gods besides God. In the Qur’an if you ‘take as a god’ it doesn’t mean that you literally believe that thing is God or a god, it means that you attribute properties to it that in Islam belong to God alone, and there are many things that Christians (Catholics and Eastern Orthodox especially) do involving Jesus (as) and Mary which would be considered serious blasphemy in Islam, for example praying to them and believing they can hear our prayers, when in Islam only God is All-Hearing and giving anything else this attribute is blasphemy, which is effectively taking them as a god.

To give another example, 9:31 condemns Christians and Jews for taking their Priests and Rabbis as gods besides God, I think you’ll agree Muhammad (saaw) wasn’t so ignorant of Christianity and Judaism that he thought they considered their Priests and Rabbis to be gods, so clearly this isn’t meant to be interpreted in an absolutely literal fashion. 36:60 also tells mankind not to worship Satan, same story there.

Muhammed will call Jesus, Lord and God. Whether he wants to or not. The real question is what Jesus will say to muhammed. I don’t think it will be pleasant or positive. He might start out by saying, “muhammed, you don’t marry 9 year olds.”

Muhammad will say to Jesus:

Forgive me Jesus for proclaiming myself a prophet, when I was not.

Forgive me Jesus for saying that the Archangel Gabriel appeared to me, when he did not.

Forgive me Jesus for claiming that Gabriel is the Holy Spirit, for he is not.

Forgive me Jesus for lying about the Holy Trinity.

Forgive me for claiming that I was receiving revelations from God, beause I did not.

Forgive me Jesus for creating a new “God”, because he was just a figment of my imagination.

Forgive me Jesus for declaring that the Quran is the word of God, when it’s really my own creation.

Forgive me Jesus for declaring that you are just a prophet, and not the son of God, because it did not suit my agenda.

Forgive me Jesus for denying your crucifixion.

Forgive me Jesus for misleading people for over 1400 years and for all the blood that has been shed and is still being shed in the name of my fictitious “god” Allah!

Muhammad

Peace to you

I just want to say this was a beautiful and well written letter.

hola

could we please cut down on the number of polemical threads? this seems like it only exists to provoke us… and why should we become provoked over a hypothetical situation which is incapable of happening? the scriptures tell us to be slow to anger… i think that means about real things… so let us not be quick to anger over imaginary things…

Dominus Vobiscum

On what authority does Muhammed call Jesus a brother?

While you walked on Planet Earth you communicated - as I did - God’s message, to “worship sincerely your Lord God Almighty, Who created you and those who came before you, so that you may become righteous.” But today, your followers worship you as God’s “only begotten Son.”

John 1: 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

1:14:And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

10:30 “I and the Father are one.”

God might ask why this was dismissed as false.

Did you ask people to believe that you, the Holy Spirit and your mother Mary are all gods? I know you did not. You told people - as the One God commanded us – “to worship God, Who is my Lord and your Lord.”

Catholics don’t believe that, why do Muslims think we do?

Dear Brother Jesus:
Your followers believe that God abandoned you and allowed your enemies to kill you on the cross. But we know that God saved you and took you to heaven. I pray that your followers will read the Qur’an, which is also their book. For we know that all of God’s books are in reality but One Book, the Book of all God’s Messengers and Prophets.

I have read it and found it to be both in error and false. I really resent that particular Islamic sentiment.

My followers love you as dearly as they love me. And they love your mother Mary, for she was the only woman ever chosen by God to be a virgin mother.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.

Dear Brother Jesus:
My followers believe in the miracles you performed, as reported in the Qur’an; miracles that were witnessed from the time you were a baby and all through your mission. You and I both know that your miracles were performed entirely through the infinite power of our Almighty Creator.

John 5: 19 Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless {it is} something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner.

My followers believe that you were a perfect being, but fully human nevertheless. I spent many years warning people not to worship me and telling them that God alone is worthy of worship, for He is the One God, Perfect, Absolute and Infinite.

1:14:And the Word became flesh…

Dear Brother Jesus:
Here on Planet Earth people still kill innocent men, women and children in your name, modeling themselves after the medieval Crusaders. There are also those who, in the cause of Christian Zionism, spread hate, oppression and injustice in your name. I fervently hope they would read and follow your message – sooner rather than later – and find true peace in their hearts.

Where in the NT does it call for followers of Christ to use any violence in telling others of the Good News. Only the Qur’an has such a violent call- many times.

Dear Brother Jesus:
Some of your followers smear my message, slander my name and propagate hate against my Muslim brothers and sisters. I pray that they will find enlightenment and spiritual guidance. You and I were used to these kinds of people, but we never stopped praying for them.

It could be that Muhammed smeared Christs message and when Christians try to correct it, Muslims protest and kill Christians and each other.

Dear Brother Jesus:
We know that only a very few of your teachings survived in your mother tongue down through the ages. But over time some people of the early Church claimed to have had special communication, in which you told them you are the Son of God. But I wish they had heard the Truth instead and that their present-day successors will discover it.

Other than the Koran, what proof do you have that the first century texts have been corrupted, rather than an incomplete understanding of it from Muhammad?

Dear Brother Jesus:
On Planet Earth, there are people (the Jews) still waiting for you, a Messiah, to come as a guide and Saviour. There others who believe you never existed at all. And there are yet others who would sooner follow the dictates of a hierarchical religious establishment called The Church, rather than accept your teachings. Both of us must pray for them all.

Obviuosly you fail to realize the Church is the teachings of Christ. Why don’t Muslims follow His teachings?

Dear Brother Jesus:
My true followers and your true followers must first love God more than anyone or anything else; only then they will know how to love us and love one another.

Love seems in short supply to true followers of Muhammed. I wish it were otherwise.

My true followers and your true followers must come to know that we preached the same message, from the same Source, and that we had but one divine Book. The message was that of the Almighty God; we were only His human messengers.

Another Islamic claim that grates me. It is not the same messgae at all.

Dear Brother Jesus:
My true followers and your true followers must work together for peace and justice. They must know that the One God will guide them to the Truth and will welcome them to His Paradise.

Why do Islamists have so many pre-conditions to work together for peace?

They must support the poor, the oppressed, the elderly, the young, all who are weak or defenseless. They must understand that although life on Planet Earth can be abundant and good, it is also too short to waste through greed, enmity and apathy. They must be fully engaged in living as workers for God.

How many Islamic charities give freely to non-Muslims?

My true followers and your true followers are many, but they have also become a vast silent majority. They must learn to speak out for the truth; only then will God’s peace prevail.

On this we agree. I wish more Muslims would speak up for themselves instead of misguided Christians and liberals doing it for them.

Dear Brother Jesus:
Let us pray for all fellow humans and let us ask God Almighty to guide and bless them. Amen.

On this we agree.

I’m not sure Muhammad would say anything to Jesus. I wasn’t aware hell had a mail system to heaven.

:smiley:

See my thread.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.