What would this be used for?

churchsupplywarehouse.com/catalog_product.asp_Q_categoryId_E_63_A_subcategoryId_E_718_A_categoryItemId_E_16820_A_Host_Dispenser_Communion_Wafers_E_Host_Dispenser_Communion_Wafers

I know it cannot be used to dispense Holy Communion. But what could this be used for actually?

[quote="JD27076, post:1, topic:291837"]

I know it cannot be used to dispense Holy Communion. But what could this be used for actually?

[/quote]

It appears that dispensing holy communion is exactly it's designed purpose.

[quote="1ke, post:2, topic:291837"]
It appears that dispensing holy communion is exactly it's designed purpose.

[/quote]

Is it used in Catholic Churches?

I thought only Catholic priest could dispense it.

I think we might be able to fit pogs in it.

Pogs are still cool, right? haha ;)

It's probably not meant for dispensing consecrated hosts though!

Well, if I say no someone, somewhere will prove me wrong with Fr. Renegade of the Holy Roller church actually using it. It would be illicit, but presumably could be valid if the priest consecrated the hosts in the salad shooter.

A priest or an extraordinary minister of holy communion can distribute the host.

Remember, though, that non-Catholic ecclesial communities have communion services and it seems geared to them, actually.

But seriously, I watched on of the You Tube videos and this is just about the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen. Seriously, it reminds me of a salad shooter. Anyone remember those?

[quote="triumphguy, post:5, topic:291837"]
It's probably not meant for dispensing consecrated hosts though!

[/quote]

Au contraire. Watch the videos.

:eek:

SACRILEGE youtube.com/watch?v=mjTQ7YtmM7c

This is designed by, and intended to be used for, Protestants, who of course also have communion (you’ll notice my lowercase c there, though). I don’t feel like searching for the half dozen threads in which it has already been discussed – well, okay, here’s one example I remember – but so it is.

[quote="Gods_Peace, post:8, topic:291837"]
SACRILEGE youtube.com/watch?v=mjTQ7YtmM7c

[/quote]

But I want communion on the tongue!

Was that a Roman Catholic Mass? They were using intinction...

[quote="Another_Mary, post:10, topic:291837"]

But I want communion on the tongue!

Was that a Roman Catholic Mass? They were using intinction...

[/quote]

It's probably Episcopalian or Low Anglican.... Some protestant "mass".

I can’t believe my eyes!!! :eek: I agree I would consider this Sacrilege if this was in a Catholic Chruch… Its… unreal!!!.. Im lost for words… I hope to God I never see anything remotely like that in my Parish!!!

What will they think of next?

Here is a description of a similar product,
Sanitary - no germs. No spills or waste. Provides a safe and sanitary way to offer communion and also protects against airborne germs. Revolutionary Rapid Re-load System for fast and easy re-loading. Beautifully designed dispenser to preserve the holiness of the sacrament. Reduces time and personnel needed to provide communion by as much as 50%. Dispenses 140 plain or 130 wheat altar breads without needing re-fills.

No Crucifix on the wall. Just a cross. It isn't a Catholic church. That means that the "wafer" is just that. A wafer. There was no concecration.

Thanks. :blush: Good clue.

it didn’t look like my church, but then we still have an altar rail.

C’mon folks - no crucifix, handy-individualized cups for wine - it’s not a Catholic Church
(I’d add “no chasuble” but that’s not exactly a lock argument, though that, too, adds to the conclusion…)
It’s probably not a Church of any sort at all… just an ad.

Yes, if you note it is a video put up by puritycommunion... I believe the group that is selling the dispensor...

Though, honestly, I kind of have a question... :o Why exactly are people saaying it is sacriligious? I am mostly asking because of the response that "only priests can distribute Communion" ... I mean, the priest still is distributing communion, he's just using a new tool to help him distribute it. Don't take this the wrong way, I don't think it would be a good idea to introduce this into a Catholics Mass, I can see that it borders onthe realm of making receiving the Eucharist into some sort of industrialized, 'gotta get the job done' kind of deal, but is that why people on this thread were upset with it?

I thought it was for storing the hosts in the sacristy.

I didn’t see the videos!

eww!

I saw someone from CAF commented on the video. Hah. :thumbsup:

I would feel compelled to giggle if I received from that.

I think the next step would be a robot, just step up and bazinga! there’s your wafer.

:rolleyes:

Yes, 1ke, it does look like a salad shooter, only with the opening on the bottom. Salad Shooter

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.