What would you do if the next Pope allowed the Ordination of Women?

What would you do if the next Pope allowed the Ordination of Women?

I know it won’t happen.

http://www.keltawebconcepts.com.au/clipart/fantasy/small/Giant%203.gif

Why torture yourself and others with such a silly question?

I would pray hard for the state of the Church.

The Church does not have the authority to ordain women as priests!

http://www.keltawebconcepts.com.au/clipart/fantasy/small/Goblin%20with%20Apple.gif

Take a bite of this for an instant explosion of evil…
evil confusion…yes confusion.
Can’t decide how you want to answer this poll?

You took a bite already?

The Church does not have the authority to ordain women as priests!

At this point in time, you’re right.

But if the next pope would change the rule, that might theoretically not be the case next month.

Of course, its unlikely to change soon, as 98% of the cardinals are JPII appointees and presumably JP men, and the late pope was a huge opponent of women being ordained.

Can you impeach a pope? :whistle:

I don’t see it happening, period.

[quote=jamesf]What would you do if the next Pope allowed the Ordination of Women?
[/quote]

What would you do if the next Pope said Christ was not God?

[quote=Kielbasi]At this point in time, you’re right.

But if the next pope would change the rule, that might theoretically not be the case next month.

Of course, its unlikely to change soon, as 98% of the cardinals are JPII appointees and presumably JP men, and the late pope was a huge opponent of women being ordained.
[/quote]

At this point in Time? Why would you think at any point in time it could happen?

[quote=Kielbasi]At this point in time, you’re right.

[/quote]

No, the next pope cannot change the rule.

Pope John Paul II, in Ordinatio Sacerdotalis, restated the doctrine that the Church has no authority to ordain women to the presbyteriate (priesthood).

That goes beyond a simple rule of discipline (which a subsequent Pope might change) to a statement of doctrine, which is unchangeable.

The Pope has no more authority to ordain women as he would to order that men may now bear children.

Women may never be ordainted to the priesthood. This is definitive and true for all time.

Why torture yourself with such a silly question? Because my mother and father some 40 years ago would never have DREAMEd to see their mass getting torn away, banned like it was going to cause DEATH (I am talking about the Traditional Latin Mass), and see the steady progression towards a protestant service over these past 40 years, and everything that was Catholic is now downplayed in the name of Ecumenism

In the seminaries-that is one of the first questions you are asked on your test, and if you say no to it-you are rigid and will not be ordained. The same goes for Homosexuality. This is the case in 75% of the cases, I can almost GUARANTEE it! Just ask Father Trugillio of EWTN. Go to their website and you are allowed to ask questions. If you dont believe me go ahead.

And then you will have some theologian and the Vatican coming up with all kinds of reinterpretations, etc just like Vatican II

[quote=Binney]http://www.keltawebconcepts.com.au/clipart/fantasy/small/Giant%203.gif

Why torture yourself and others with such a silly question?

[/quote]

http://www.keltawebconcepts.com.au/clipart/seasons/Lightning%2009.gif

If what you are implying is true then perhaps we will see not only women ordained but also homosexuality no longer considered sinful. If that happens then I am certain we will hear and see a great cracking of a schism. I think I have been hearing creaking sounds for sometime now. There was a schism in my diocese of Rochester which formed another church
Read about them at spirituschristi.org/

This was just one mini crack. What would a big crack sound and feel like?

Perhaps the best scene would be a new conservative pope would cause many liberals to fall away from the church?

Of course we don’t want any to fall away…even the ones that litter this forum sometimes.

[quote=jamesf]What would you do if the next Pope allowed the Ordination of Women?
[/quote]

I will know that he’s an anti-pope.

[quote=BulldogCath]Because my mother and father some 40 years ago would never have DREAMEd to see their mass getting torn away, banned like it was going to cause DEATH (I am talking about the Traditional Latin Mass), and see the steady progression towards a protestant service over these past 40 years, and everything that was Catholic is now downplayed in the name of Ecumenism

[/quote]

Speaking of dreams, maybe the last 40 years have all been a bad one for the Church, and she will now wake up before it is too late, and get her Catholic Mass back and her traditions back in the forefront of Catholic culture where they belong.

[quote=BulldogCath]Why torture yourself with such a silly question? Because my mother and father some 40 years ago would never have DREAMEd to see their mass getting torn away, banned like it was going to cause DEATH (I am talking about the Traditional Latin Mass), and see the steady progression towards a protestant service over these past 40 years, and everything that was Catholic is now downplayed in the name of Ecumenism

[/quote]

Here we go again, the “rad-Trad” cry that the change of the Mass is equal to a change in dogma.

The form of the Mass is discipline and can an does change.

When the Tridentine Mass was instituted there were places that had their Mass ripped away from them and they were forced to use the Tridentine Mass.

You seem to ignore history unless it suits your distortions.

As for the Mass being protestant, this has been addressed but you seem to ignore that.

In the seminaries-that is one of the first questions you are asked on your test, and if you say no to it-you are rigid and will not be ordained. The same goes for Homosexuality. This is the case in 75% of the cases, I can almost GUARANTEE it! Just ask Father Trugillio of EWTN. Go to their website and you are allowed to ask questions. If you dont believe me go ahead.

This is a lie, no semainary has a test. The tests are done by the bishops and their psychologists.

Yes I have heard that this is asked but no one has shown any proof of this and even if there is proof it is not all bishops or psychologists. You seem to think that if one is guilty then all are guilty.

But they heck, you haven’t let the facts bother you in the past so why start now.

And then you will have some theologian and the Vatican coming up with all kinds of reinterpretations, etc just like Vatican II

Just more garbage.

[quote=Binney]http://www.keltawebconcepts.com.au/clipart/seasons/Lightning%2009.gif

If what you are implying is true then perhaps we will see not only women ordained but also homosexuality no longer considered sinful. If that happens then I am certain we will hear and see a great cracking of a schism. I think I have been hearing creaking sounds for sometime now. There was a schism in my diocese of Rochester which formed another church
Read about them at spirituschristi.org/

This was just one mini crack. What would a big crack sound and feel like?

Perhaps the best scene would be a new conservative pope would cause many liberals to fall away from the church?

Of course we don’t want any to fall away…even the ones that litter this forum sometimes.
[/quote]

spiritus christi church as mentioned above has women ordained, homosexual marriages, married priests and who knows what else and they call themselves catholic

[/quote]

I don’t think it will ever happen and I hope it never does.

As Mother Angelica says, **“Can you imagine going to confession to a WOMAN??” :nope: :nope: **

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Shannin

http://www.keltawebconcepts.com.au/clipart/people/small/Woman%2001.gif
hmmm

[/quote]

This is not possible. See CCC #1577.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.