What would you like to ask a Catholic?

Dear friends in Christ;

I’ll assume you on the CAF because your curious about what we Catholics REALLY believe and WHY?

Here’s your chance to find out.

God Bless you and thanks for taking time to ask,
Patrick

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood and the woodchuck was baptized as a baby woodchuck?

:smiley:

Had the woodchuck not been baptized, we would not know since Scripture is silent on how much wood unbaptized woodchucks can chuck.

What happens when you die?

:rotfl::knight1::flowers: :gopray:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Unless said woodchuck were martyred, in which case he received the Baptism of Blood, or he died with the intention to enter into full communion with the Church and received a Baptism of Desire.

As proof of such, we may be able to ask for his intercession, especially in chucking wood.

Three cases of adjudicated miracles are necessary to confirm sainthood, and every time I chuck wood, I get better. There are rumors of feats of super woodchuck strength, diligence, piety, and I read a blog where someone thought he saw a woodchuck levitate but the Vatican denounced it as the woodchuck was most likely balancing on his tail.

Now, are there any diocese with indults where woodchuck may be consumed on Fridays during Lent?

Could the church ever admit to being wrong on a matter of faith or morals, or would that be the end of the church because it would mean that it was not a trustworthy guide?

Which issues in particular?

“[The Church has been]promised the protection of the Holy Spirit to “guide you into all the truth” (John 16:13). That mandate and that promise guarantee the Church will never fall away from his teachings (Matt. 16:18, 1 Tim. 3:15), even if individual Catholics might.” from here: catholic.com/tracts/papal-infallibility

Scriptures are not silent in regards to the Church

[bibledrb]1 Timothy 3:15[/bibledrb]

So if we want the truth, we know where to get it!

[bibledrb]Ephesians 3:10[/bibledrb]

:cool:

:tiphat::tiphat:

:blessyou:

Any issue of faith or morals. It doesn’t matter which for purposes of this question.

It would seem that unbaptized woodchucks might indeed chuck wood, at least according to 2 Samuel. Though the question remains… How much? :smiley:

Something infallibly pronounced as dogma by either an ecumenical council or the Roman pontiff speaking ex cathedra simply cannot be thrown out as wrong. Our faith tells us that can’t happen. Now, there are folks here who can better explain how that kind of magisterium differs from “ordinary” magisterial teachings set forth in synods, local catechisms and whatnot. The fact is there are certain things that have never been definitively pronounced, such further development if doctrine in a point might come to pass–and that would not mean an inconsistent change. An example might be the popular piety surrounding limbo and the reality that it was never expressly taught by the holy teaching office. Many more here can address this better, but the Church (it is believed as a tenet of faith) can and should more properly define or develop certain teachings so long as they don’t run afoul of any dogma or doctrine accepted as revealed Truth.

Second question:

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen baptized swallow?

Ok a serious question why are you Catholic and not some other religion

The more I investigated other religions, the more I had to answer questions about Catholicism; that research convicted me.

How did you determine that the Catholic Church is the true church without relying at least in part on your own private, fallible, interpretation?

:rotfl:

I can see it now. I’m going to be the next Hans Urs von Balthasar.

Here’s the title of my next book:
Dare We Hope “That All Woodchucks Be Saved”?
With A Short Discourse On Chucking Wood

They’ll have to call Vatican Council III to address the issues I raise! :stuck_out_tongue:

By not relaying on my own private, fallible interpretation and letting Jesus guide me. No if’s, no but’s.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.