What would you say - hypothetical?

Let's pretend that you had one opportunity/one chance to talk to your priest/say something to your priest and you would not have this opportunity again -ever (for hypothetical reasons). What would you say? (and assuming that you don't have hours for the conversation).

[quote="Joy2day, post:1, topic:336012"]
Let's pretend that you had one opportunity/one chance to talk to your priest/say something to your priest and you would not have this opportunity again -ever (for hypothetical reasons). What would you say? (and assuming that you don't have hours for the conversation).

[/quote]

Assuming that I don't have hours, I wouldn't say anything to him but I would drop to my knees and say my most fervent rosary for him and let God deliver the message. If I was dying and had the strength, then I would call the parish emergency number and ask for a final confession and last rites from any priest that was available. :)

[/quote]

I really want to know why we never hear sermons about topics including:
The last things
grace
the real presence
the sacrifice of the Mass
contraception
abortion
divorce
the works of mercy
the devotions
the rosary
evidence for Christianity
etc.

I don't mean this to sound harsh or judgmental in any way. I of course know that Priests have a lot to deal with and they need our prayers, but still, I really am curious why I never ever hear sermons that really even touch on any of these things

[/quote]

Remember me when you enter into the kingdom.

[quote="TomD123, post:3, topic:336012"]
I really want to know why we never hear sermons about topics including:
The last things
grace
the real presence
the sacrifice of the Mass
contraception
abortion
divorce
the works of mercy
the devotions
the rosary
evidence for Christianity
etc.

I don't mean this to sound harsh or judgmental in any way. I of course know that Priests have a lot to deal with and they need our prayers, but still, I really am curious why I never ever hear sermons that really even touch on any of these things

[/quote]

Apparently the reason is because you don't go to my parish.

I would thank my priest for so gently welcoming me back to the faith when he heard my first confession after I returned.

[/quote]

Why do you want to know? What will people's answers give you? If I had this opportunity I would consider it private and wouldn't reveal it to anyone. I'm afraid I don't understand this modern, so-called social media driven, desire to share your business with other people and to enquire into other people's private matters.

Hi all -.thanks for your replies -.interesting. I guess when we first think of this i suppose many ideas come to mind, but then if you consider you only have one small opportunity you have to decide what is the most important, & forget the rest.

If I only had this one opportunity and had to make it quick, I would just say thank you.

If I could expand for a moment, I would tell him that his role as a pastor is greatly appreciated.

A great big thank you for celebrating the sacraments on Jesus' behalf.

A heartfelt thank you for laying down his life for his sheep, which every Priest does every day.

I think they need to hear this.

[/quote]

Bless me, father, for I have sinned.

Last chance to speak to a specific priest? Thank you for saying "yes" to God's call.

Last chance to speak to any priest ever again? Bless me Father, for I have sinned...

[quote="Sheadad, post:9, topic:336012"]
If I only had this one opportunity and had to make it quick, I would just say thank you.

If I could expand for a moment, I would tell him that his role as a pastor is greatly appreciated.

A great big thank you for celebrating the sacraments on Jesus' behalf.

A heartfelt thank you for laying down his life for his sheep, which every Priest does every day.

I think they need to hear this.

[/quote]

Yes this is true!
:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.