"Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?" Gary Coleman, dead at 42

:frowning:
omg.yahoo.com/news/diff-rent-strokes-star-gary-coleman-dies/41521?nc

Mr. Coleman's passing is bittersweet in that yet another person in the Hollywood community was chewed up by the system that built their career, the system disposing of them when they are no longer useful.

Child stars are particularly subceptible. May the Lord grant him peace and eternal life--and also, perhaps, a little respect.

[quote="Spencerian, post:2, topic:199936"]

Child stars are particularly subceptible.

[/quote]

Yes, child stars seem to have it particularly rough. He had a hard life as an adult. I think being 4'8" hurt his chances at any type of movie or TV career once he was grown.

RIP you will be missed:(

May he rest in peace

Eternal rest grant unto him oh Lord!

[quote="Prague, post:6, topic:199936"]
Eternal rest grant unto him oh Lord!

[/quote]

Amen.

:gopray:

O Lord, I, your unworthy servant commend the soul of Gary Coleman to your sacred, and adorable heart. Amen.:(:signofcross:

RIP, Mr. Coleman!

"We are very grateful for all the wonderful support everyone has been extending to Gary's family," Shannon's statement began.
"Thousands of emails have poured in to the hospital. This has been so comforting to the family to know how beloved he still is."

omg.yahoo.com/news/gary-colemans-widow-speaks-out/41577?nc

Link

This is all over the place as Gary’s ex got way to defensive way to soon over “not pushing him.”

Gary C’s Ex: 'He Would’ve Been Like Muhammad Ali’
Originally posted Jun 3rd 2010 6:42 AM PDT by TMZ Staff
Gary Coleman’s ex-wife Shannon Price is defending her decision to pull the plug on life support because she says she didn’t want Gary to be like Muhammad Ali or Terri Schiavo. The comment is so offensive and wrong, it raises questions … whether her decision to terminate Gary’s life was appropriate.

TMZ obtained an interview with Price … shot the day after Gary died. Among other things, Price blurted out that she’s heard speculation that she pushed Gary and that caused him to fall and ultimately hemorrhage. Price insists she didn’t push Gary – a weird statement, since no one had publicly accused her of that.

Gary fell in his Utah home May 26, hit his head on the floor and suffered an intracranial hemorrhage. Shannon, who was divorced from Gary, apparently still had authority to terminate life support at the hospital, which she did on May 28 – he died a short time later.

Police have said there was “nothing suspicious” involving Gary’s fall.

Price fondly mentions that Gary did a lot for her – like buy her a car.

originally posted by Dale_M
I think being 4’8" hurt his chances at any type of movie or TV career once he was grown.

No, I don’t think so. Gary Coleman was moderately talented at best.
Being of very short stature certainly did not hurt the career of Danny DeVito who has been successful in many different aspects of the entertainment business.

[quote="catsrus, post:11, topic:199936"]
No, I don't think so. Gary Coleman was moderately talented at best.
Being of very short stature certainly did not hurt the career of Danny DeVito who has been successful in many different aspects of the entertainment business.

[/quote]

His character, "Arnold", became an icon of the early '80s and, like George Reeves (who was an adult of normal stature), was unable to be indentified as anything BUT the memorable character he created. I think William Shatner is brilliant for accepting that curse of fame and rolling with it and having fun with it.... he could very easily have succumbed to depression like many other stars who couldn't get over being typecast.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.