Whatever happened to teh pro-soccer player who left to become a priest?

washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/whatever-happened-to--the-pro-soccer-played-who-left-to-become-a-priest/2011/06/23/gIQAoq6eGI_story.html

Great article!

That's admirable!

Very inspiring. This man will do great things as a priest.

He's doing well, at least since the last I emailed him. God bless and keep praying for him and for all seminarians

I guess this means NO ONE is safe from God's will. :p

[quote="JL2011, post:5, topic:248771"]
I guess this means NO ONE is safe from God's will. :p

[/quote]

Kind of like my vocations director. He was a football player at his university and was dead-set on marrying his girlfriend until one day he heard the call. He was DEVESTATED. He told me it involved tears and a lot of heartbreak. That just gives me proof that God does indeed call men from all walks of life.

[quote="CatholicZ09, post:6, topic:248771"]
Kind of like my vocations director. He was a football player at his university and was dead-set on marrying his girlfriend until one day he heard the call. He was DEVESTATED. He told me it involved tears and a lot of heartbreak. That just gives me proof that God does indeed call men from all walks of life.

[/quote]

He surely does. I can see that in myself. :D

Here's more about him...

sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=darcy/081023

[quote="CatholicZ09, post:6, topic:248771"]

[/quote]

I was engaged to my ex-girlfriend for 8 months, was about to start getting into seriously planning the wedding and everything, and suddenly it was there "come, follow me", I almost instantly realized that I was not called to marriage, 2 weeks later me and my ex broke up (on not to friendly grounds, she didn't like I was leaving her for the Priesthood), and now September 2012 I am to enter Seminary, to one of three societies, FSSP, ICRSS or SSPX (If they are canonically regularized), truly no one may know if they shall be called.

I actually know this one man (he is in his 50s I think), who had a very good Job (high up in some bank), while he was being considered for promotion to basically a 6 figure pay check, he up and left, and entered Seminary, and is to be ordained next year by the Benedictine's, his Spiritual Director was also the Abbot of the Abbey (coincidentally, my spiritual director as well lol) he joined, and elected him for ordination to the Priesthood.

However this pro-football player is an inspiration, a pro-athlete is the last person many people would expect to leave their career and enter Seminary, may God bless him, and guide him in all that he does.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.