What's at stake in the US election: Supreme Court

One of the most important decisions for the next president is shaping the future of the Supreme Court.

With several justices of retirement age (i.e., Justices Ginsburg [age 83], Breyer [77], and Kennedy [79]), the next president could have outsized impact . . .

(The BBC’s) Rajini Vaidyanathan discusses how the next president will impact the Supreme Court

bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37802359

Video Courtesy of Right To Life Michigan via YouTube:

The effects of a year can echo for a very long time. A pro-abortion president with pro-abortion appointees to the U.S. Supreme Court could solidify the course of abortion on demand for the next 3 decades.

The 2016 election is an historic vote for life. Vote prolife.

youtube.com/watch?v=wtQSisnBeRo

The next President could foreseeably appoint four U.S. Supreme Court Justices.

Pity the innocent unborn child.

The video isn’t loading for me so I don’t know if it’s mentioned but the reason the fight over the Court is happening now is the two major gerrymandering cases making their ways through the courts right now.

One of the best speeches I believe -

Sen. Marco Rubio - Why Abortion is bad for America - youtube.com/watch?v=xqUNZ-qwBsA

I also liked this one -

A Nation Rises - March for Life - youtube.com/watch?v=Opl0jnKbn5Y

I hope this has helped

God Bless You

Josh

Forget abortion Roe V Wade it won’t be ovetuned ,but the courts will not block state initiatives to regulate
The real battle won’'t even be 2 amendment Rights
The right justices will so bend the 1 amendment
Freedom of Speech and Religion will be redefined

Can’t.

I think it may, nevertheless, will never give up until it is.

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh

Not to mention the stark difference between candidates regarding the Johnson Amendment. One candidate wants to repeal the amendment and free up the various religions to speak in matters political without fear of government taxation. The other wants to fundamentally alter the Catholic Church through infiltration and subversion.

. . . :gopray2: . . .

Victorious Prayer
of King Asa
[size=]II Chronicles 14:11
[/size]

"And he called upon the
LORD GOD,
and said:
O LORD,
there is no difference with** Thee**,
whether Thou help with few,
or with many:
help us,
O LORD OUR GOD:
for with confidence in Thee,
and in Thy Name,
we are come against this multitude.
O LORD
THOU ART OUR GOD,

let not man
prevail against Thee.’ "
+

In dedication to the Triumph of the Immaculate :heart: Heart of Mary.

[RIGHT]. . . all for Jesus+
. . . thank You Gracious Heavenly Father+
. . . thank You Sweet Spirit of Our Holy God+
. . . thank you Blessed Virgin Mary Our Mother+
. . . thank you Holy Mother Church+
. . . in Jesus Precious Holy Name We Pray+

:signofcross:[/RIGHT]

Hi,

I really like some of your posts that I have seen, however, I just wanted to mention that with the ‘centered’ and ‘colored’ and ‘bolded’ in the places they are, how it is laid out, I think it makes it a bit hard to read imho.

Just wanted to mention that as I think more people would be able to read them easier if they were laid out in a format like this post. Bolding and things are fine too, it’s mainly the ‘centered’ and different ‘sizes’ and ‘color’ that makes it hard to read/follow I believe. I’m sure it would also save you a lot of time too.

e.g.

Victorious Prayer of King Asa
II Chronicles 14:11

"And he called upon the LORD GOD, and said: ‘O LORD, there is no difference with Thee, whether Thou help with few, or with many: help us, O LORD OUR GOD: for with confidence in Thee, and in Thy Name, we are come against this multitude. O LORD THOU ART OUR GOD, let not man prevail against Thee.’ "

In dedication to the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

I hope this has helped

May God Bless You

Josh

I understand the fear that people have regarding the next president, but I don’t think the situation is as dire as many have said.

There are key Senate races in many states that can help ensure moderate appointees to SCOTUS. I would definitely concentrate on those. I’ll do my part down here by voting for Marco Rubio.

Here is an informative blogger that explains why the Senate is the key to SCOTUS:

patheos.com/blogs/suspendedinherjar/2016/10/should-you-fear-a-clinton-presidency-because-of-the-supreme-court/

I honestly believe the situation is as dire as they say, if not worse, if Clinton gets in.

1. They tried, have been and most likely still are, trying to create a ‘revolution’ within the Catholic Church. Tactics such as Infiltration and deception in attacking the faithful. That says all we should need to know really.

2. The Support for Abortion they have, also disguising it as ‘health services’ or ‘reproductive health’, deception again.

3. Their ideology when it comes to LGBT rights and Abortion (Reproductive Health) rights. Her supreme court nominations will be those who believe Roe vs Wade is ‘Settled Law’, Euthanasia will be next on the table, her appointees will have no objection.

4. After taking Mosul, Clinton said in the Final Presidential debate, she wants to then push on into Syria and take Rakka, apparently she doesn’t seem to realize that Assad is backed by Russia, and so if she wants to get to Assad, she will have to go through Russia.

Anyway, that’s just some off the top of my head.

I hope this has helped

God Bless You

Thank you for reading
Josh

Pro-abortion advocates even object to a TV commercial for Doritos.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZNK1_Yop6oo

For goodness sake.

The Supreme Court can allow alternative arguments.

Pain threshold.

10th Amendment … authority NOT Federal jurisdiction.

Sonograms [Knights of Columbus helps buy sonogram machines.]

kofc.org/un/en/columbia/detail/500-counting.html

In the wrong hands, the Supreme Court could restrict pro-life activity … call it “hate speech”.

They certainly will, similar arguments are already being used here in Australia. They say it’s hate speech and to be outlawed, because it’s intimidating women who seek or have an abortion. An elderly woman was recently fined by Police here for silently praying the Rosary outside and abortion Clinic.

cgcatholic.org.au/catholic-voice/blog/fined-praying-rosary/

God Bless You

Josh

UK restrictions on pro-life:

youtube.com/watch?v=XMy-V1TIoHI

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_pro-life_movement

excerpt:

The rescue: A “rescue operation” involves pro-life activists blocking the entrances to an abortion clinic in order to prevent anyone from entering. The stated goal of this practice is to force the clinic to shut down for the day. Often, the protesters are removed by law enforcement. Some clinics were protested so heavily in this fashion that they closed down permanently. “The rescue” was first attempted by Operation Rescue. Ever since President Bill Clinton signed the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act into law, the rescue has become prohibitively expensive, and has rarely been attempted.

I don’t agree with blocking entrances to abortion clinics, I would work to have them legally shut down. But not block entrances.

Fining an elderly woman silently praying outside an abortion clinic, not blocking the entrance or anything, definitely crosses the line I believe though.

I hope this has helped

God Bless You

Thank you for reading
Josh

Those are tactics they will use, any pro-life speech will be classified as hate speech, said to be attacking women who have had or seek an abortion, which will be classified as ‘settled law’ under Clinton, and deemed a constitutional and fundamental ‘right’ :frowning:

God Bless You

Thank you for reading
Josh

While I agree the Supreme Court is extremely important in this election, lets not forget about the hundreds upon hundreds of lower level judges and high and low level bureaucrats that are appointed by the president that have much to do with Americans every day lives. Things like the recent push to force all public schools to let students use any bathroom they “identify” with despite their actual physical gender did not come from the very top but from bureaucrats at lower levels. While the names on the ballot just list president and vice president you are really voting for those people and everyone they appoint in both the judicial and executive branches.

Keep in mind also that if Clinton wins, those courts will have filled vacancies in at least 20 of 28 years. (two Bill Clinton terms, two Obama terms, plus at least one Hillary Clinton term with eight years sandwiched in between of Bush).

I thought this short video was pretty good too -

Sing a Little Louder - youtube.com/watch?v=ofcs9Y7qL4s

And it’s as simple as a vote. :frowning:

“For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.”

Thank you for reading
Josh

Sing a little louder - youtube.com/watch?v=ofcs9Y7qL4s

And all it takes is a vote. One candidate who has a pro-life platform, has a real chance of winning if people only vote for them. :frowning:

Others candidates, while some are very good, unfortunately, have practically no chance of succeeding imho.

“For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.”

Thank you for reading
Josh

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.