What's for dinner?

Okay, I have no clue what to make for dinner tonight! I usually have some idea, but today...I've got nothing!

So, what are you making for dinner?

How about a homemade pizza? Grilled cheese and clam chowder? Spaghetti?

Ok, there goes my ideas!

;)

We have Mexican 1 night a week on cheap taco night! :) That is probably what we are going to do tonight, as we are having a super busy and productive day. My 2 year old loves Mexican, and it's so cheap. Our family of three rarely spends over $15, and that's including tip and a small Margarita that i split with hubby. We love some pork carnitas.

[quote="happymommy, post:1, topic:232654"]
Okay, I have no clue what to make for dinner tonight! I usually have some idea, but today...I've got nothing!

[/quote]

My wife is planning Pasta with meat sauce and offer the hungry teens the option of reheating meat from the last 2 nights if they need more.

I just had french toast.
Breakfast for dinner=best dinner.

Cheeseburgers with skillet potatoes, onions & peppers & topped off with cheddar cheese

We are having left over pasta. My three year old will have "basketti" and I'll have alfredo sauce on mine and we'll both have a slice of garlic bread!

Something with chicken. My mom pulled out both chicken breasts and drumsticks from the freezer, so it's likely she'll be making my favorite roasted chicken season with salt and pepper. Such an easy and delicious meal. We usually have some kind of vegetable (normally, green beans since it is a favorite in our household) and a starch like rice. Easy and satisfying.

Another thing to do is make a taco salad. Sounds difficult, but it's not. My mom started making this when I was a kid and I love it! All you do is cook some ground beef with taco seasoning and then layer it with taco chips, lettuce, tomato, olives, and cheese. We also love the Ortega tomatillo sauce (or salsa verde since the tomatillo sauce is becoming difficult to find) on top of it, but you can do sour cream or salsa or all three! Get creative! It lasts a couple nights and gets better as the meat marinates in the seasoning. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. We may have to make it sometime this week. LOL!

I'm going out on a 'date' tonight. I met the girl in line at the grocery store on Sunday... she needed to buy one more item to use her coupon, so she bought me a soda. So I'm just returning the favor by buying her a drink, and dinner. :p

[quote="Havard, post:9, topic:232654"]
I'm going out on a 'date' tonight. I met the girl in line at the grocery store on Sunday... she needed to buy one more item to use her coupon, so she bought me a soda. So I'm just returning the favor by buying her a drink, and dinner. :p

[/quote]

Smooth my friend. Very smooth!

[/quote]

I'm having the same thing you're having - maybe I'll just come over to your place! ;)

I'm thinking seafood sub...or tuna sub...or something from the ocean.

[quote="Havard, post:9, topic:232654"]

[/quote]

:cool: Very cool!

We are having baked chicken with brown rice, green beans and apple sauce! (4 year old is already complaining that he doesn't like chicken and rice and wants something else...I guess he didn't get the memo that I don't cater to picky eaters!!:D)

Keep the ideas coming! I've been trying to plan out menus so I don't have the problem of "what's for dinner" but I wasn't able to get to it this weekend.

I'm having the same thing you're having - maybe I'll just come over to your place

Come on over! You can have my sons dinner since it doesn't sound like he is going to eat it! He sure will be hungry come breakfast tomorrow!

My mom requested Cornish Pasties so that is what I'm making tonight. :) I've never made them before so it should be interesting. The dough is currently chilling!

The plan is Greek baked chicken and potatoes. I've never done it before, but looked at some recipes online last night. Season some chicken parts with salt & pepper, place in baking pan with chopped garlic and oregano, a drizzle of olive oil and a lot of lemon juice (maybe some zest as well). Peel and quarter lengthwise a couple of baking potatoes and arrange them among the chicken parts. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes skin side down, flip chicken over and bake 50 more minutes at 400 to crisp skin. We'll see how that works. Roasted asparagus on the side. Brush with olive oil and lay in single layer on baking sheet - cook for 10 minutes at 400. Sprinkle with parmesan/romano cheese.

Plans just changed - will try this tomorrow.

Stouffer stuffed pepper with veggie meatballs, carrot & broccoli single serving from birdseye

I keep some moderately healthy frozen foods for nights I work late, trying to stay out of restaurants. Rite of Election tonight.

[quote="baltobetsy, post:15, topic:232654"]
The plan is Greek baked chicken and potatoes. I've never done it before, but looked at some recipes online last night. Season some chicken parts with salt & pepper, place in baking pan with chopped garlic and oregano, a drizzle of olive oil and a lot of lemon juice (maybe some zest as well). Peel and quarter lengthwise a couple of baking potatoes and arrange them among the chicken parts. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes skin side down, flip chicken over and bake 50 more minutes at 400 to crisp skin. We'll see how that works. Roasted asparagus on the side. Brush with olive oil and lay in single layer on baking sheet - cook for 10 minutes at 400. Sprinkle with parmesan/romano cheese.

[/quote]

Oh my Gosh, that sounds amazing! We LOVE roasted anything. Literally, if it is a vegetable it gets coated with olive oil and roasted. I will have to try the simple Greek Chicken and potatoes... yum! Simple is the ticket :thumbsup:

[quote="baltobetsy, post:15, topic:232654"]

[/quote]

Let us know how it turns out! I think it will be great!

[/quote]

Dear happymommy,

Cordial greetings.

A firm family favourite here in the UK is 'Cottage Pie', which is a delicious meal which will keep the whole family coming back for second helpings.

You will need: Old Potatoes, beef mincesteak, 2 onions, tomatoe puree, brown sauce (HP) or 'Lea & Perring' sauce (this is best if you have it in US), mixed herbs, beef stock and grated cheddar cheese.

Method: Peel potatoes and put on to boil in saucepan. When boiling potatoes, brown mincesteak and onions in a frying pan, add two teaspoons of tomatoe puree, brown sauce according to taste and two heaped teaspoons of mixed herbs. Stir in half pint of beef stock, bring to boil and simmer for five minutes. When potatoes have cooked, mash with butter. Now add mince to an oven proof dish and top with the creamed mash potatoes. Grate the cheddar cheese on top liberally and garnish with thinly sliced tomatoes (optional). Place in oven on top shelf and cook on 180 (electric) for 30 minutes or until the potatoes and cheese topping are a golden brown. Take out of oven and leave to stand for five minutes before serving. Serve with green vegetables and carrots.

You should have a jolly tasty supper that doesn't take too much time to prepare. Eat and enjoy this very filling English dish.

Warmest good wishes,

Portrait

Pax

just to give you an idea and I'm sure you'll think out how to make this, tomato beef stew,. it's great it's a meal in itself serve it with a loaf of bread and a pitcher of ice water or a bottle of dry cabernet put the leftover if there is any in the fridge and you've got lunch for another day during the week. If you want I'll tell you how I make it, one suggestion is I think the spice mixture should slightly favor basil, don't let the potatoes overcook par boil them drain rinse and add to the stew as it'simmering.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.