Whats going on with the German Bishops?

See this article; eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2014/02/bishop-ackermann-sets-himself-openly.html?utm_source=feedburner

Add this to the other rebellions from the German Bishops and things don’t look so good. :confused:

German national first. Roman Catholic second.

It’s unlikely he’ll be in power much longer if I guess right. I just hope he doesn’t bring down too many souls with him. This same bishop was “rebaptized” by a Luteran minister years back it seems!? Sadly, people like this in power is the problem with the church right now and we need to be rid of them. If this continues I see even less unity in the future.

Of course, I’ve never heard of the website or the bishop. Is he even still in power?

I’m not sure how much you can really isolate the diocesan leadership as the culprit for rot within dioceses. The clergy are taken out of the parishioners; if the parishioners are out of line, the clergy will be to some extent also. It’s all the same body. If Germany makes a comeback, it will happen the same way that it got to where it is; slowly and painfully.

I’ve heard from Evangelical Protestant missionaries that church attendance and interest in Christianity in Germany is very low. It’s a tough “mission field,” and even the Evangelical Protestant denominations struggle (usually these are the “fast-growing” churches).

Do you think that the bishops are trying to drum up more interest in the Catholic Church? Do you think that their actions are actually driving Catholics and seekers away from the Catholic Church and Christianity? What would be a better approach for German bishops to take?

Didn’t Christ say something like “Go and sin no more” to someone in a similar situation? What was the purpose of dying for and forgiving the sins of mankind when there aren’t any?

A better approach would be to preach the Faith, full and unabridged.

If this is true, this man needs to be immediately removed from his office and set as far away from pastoral ministry as possible.

Man…the situation in Germany is really falling apart.

I agree. What I find very concerning is the Bishop Ackermann was “rebaptized” by a Lutheran minister. It seems to me that in being “rebaptized” by a Lutheran minister Bishop Ackermann was calling into question his infant baptism and the Church into which he was baptized. This is scary.

He’s a crypto-protestant in a purple hat who is just the same as his forefather Luther. This man is in open rebellion against the Catholic Church and is leading many souls to sin and therefore to Hell.

As a German, this thread is of interest to me.

What makes you think he won’t be in power much longer? Is it this situation or something else?

I haven’t heard of the “rebaptism” by a Lutheran minister. Where did you find that?

Indeed, but the word that is flung about here in Germany by those demanding change in this matter is “Mercy! Mercy! Don’t be judgemental, don’t chastise people! Be merciful!”

I am worried too, yes.

Well to be honest I’m just waiting for a schism in Germany at this point. Not that I want that to happen.

[quote=YoungTradCath]Well to be honest I’m just waiting for a schism in Germany at this point. Not that I want that to happen.

[/quote]

All schisms are regrettable but I think it would be better for the Catholic Church if the dissenters left. I would rather have a smaller, purer Church. The Catholic Church is currently going through a great apostasy and I wish the Holy Father would clean house.

I’d rather they stay and be converted. I would not want anyone, no matter how heretical, to formally leave the Church.

[quote=digitalpapist]I’d rather they stay and be converted. I would not want anyone, no matter how heretical, to formally leave the Church.

[/quote]

What if they refuse to convert? And what if they sow doubt in the minds of many faithful? What if they preach heresy in the media? Should we just let them stay and pollute the faith no matter what the consequences?

Would you want them to stay if they were Satan worshipers (for example)?

Pope Benedict XVI spoke of a smaller faithful Church. I am sure somewhere in his mind he was thinking of Germany.

Well, we, as in us on this forum, really have nothing to do with it. “We” don’t excommunicate people or kick people out of the Church. Only the Pope can be the Pope.

[quote=TRH1292]Well, we, as in us on this forum, really have nothing to do with it. “We” don’t excommunicate people or kick people out of the Church. Only the Pope can be the Pope.
[/quote]

digitalpapist and I were talking about people leaving the Church i.e. voluntarily leaving. I said it would be better if they left and he said they should convert and accept the Catholic faith. Nobody mentioned excommunication.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.