What's the 1st thing you ordered from Amazon?

I ran into this question on the Anchoress’s blog last week & fianlly looked up my Amazon history:

My very first purchases:
RSV-CE (a little zipperred edition), Mass Confusion and Inside the Mind of Pope Benedict, both by Jimmy Akin.
Of course, that isn’t so much because my reading habits are exclusively spiritual (not!) but there isn’t a Catholic bookstore here I can get to.

Following purchases are an interesting mix: SF; diet/health books (for DW); history/historical fiction; religion - both Catholic & evangelical; music, classical, country (DW), classic rock & oldies (both).

So what were your first buys from Amazon?

This
For my Mommy for Mother’s day. My Baby sister’s name is Olivia.

Mac OS X Hacks and a Real Basic programming book. Wow seven years ago, how time flies.:)

a CD of Red Nativity Christmas music. It’s Christmas music done with native american styel flutes drums and chants really cool.

What’s an Amazon?
(No, not that kind of Amazon!)

Stargate: Season One. It was my birthday present from my hubby, who knows what I like! :D

It only shows my orders going back to 2004. My first recorded order was "The Critic: The Complete Series" on DVD. :o I'm sure I ordered from them before that. Maybe I changed user names. :shrug: I know I was ordering a lot from MusicBlvd.com back in the late 90s before they were absorbed by Amazon. I'm not sure if that counts, though. :)

The GE Superadio III (later produced by RCA, but it was roughly the same thing)
amazon.com/RCA-7-2887-Superadio-Portable-Radio/dp/B00000J061

Its no longer made, but has a powerful AM receiver, an internal ferrite loop to enhance AM reception, and a jack in case you want to hook to an external antenna. It used to be the radio of choice for people wanting to pull in distant AM stations whose signals were faint.

I'm pretty sure it was a classical music CD, but I couldn't tell you which one. That was a loooong time ago!

Oh yes. :hmmm:

I couldn’t remember when exactly I ordered my radio, and only realized it while out for a walk. It was in 2001. I remembered because I moved later that same year and no longer had such a need for it. :blush:

The first thing I ever ordered on Amazon (also the first thing I ordered online, period) was There Is Nothing Left to Lose by Foo Fighters.

My order history goes back to 1999. :eek: My first order shown, on September 24, are VHS copies of Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home and Spaceballs. As I recall, these were both gifts for a friend.

The first things I ordered for myself were: the Indiana Jones widescreen giftset (which included the original 3 movies plus an episode of The Indiana Jones Chronicles), and Star Trek: Insurrection, both on VHS. This order was placed on October 17, 1999, so I was probably spending birthday money. :smiley:

The first items I ever ordered from Amazon were four cookbooks to replace some that got lost when my mother and I moved.

My first Amazon order was in February 2003 and included the following books:

“Fathers of the Church”
“The 33 Doctors of the Church”
“Four Witnesses”
“Hidden Treasure of Glaston”

:thumbsup:

MadameButterfly

Escoffier : The Complete Guide to the Art of Modern Cookery
H. L. Cracknell, R. J. Kaufmann

Anthony Bourdain’s Les Halles Cookbook : Strategies, Recipes, and Techniques of Classic Bistro Cooking
Anthony Bourdain

Bouchon
Thomas Keller, et al

October 26, 2004

The DVD of "Overboard" with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell. I've lost count of how often I've watched it. I can pretty much recite all the dialog. :popcorn:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.