What's the funniest movie you've ever seen?

For me, it’s a toss up between “Arsenic and Old Lace” and “The Russians Are Coming! The Russians Are Coming!”

“Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure”

Cuz I’m a teenager.:stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. Screamingly funny!

Ok, I’m almost embarrassed to say…I think Tommy Boy is HILARIOUS:D!!!

Great thread, but tough! For me, the movies that still make me laugh out loud remain the classic Laurel and Hardy films. For modern films, **Monty Python and the Holy Grail **and A Fish Named Wanda are high on my list.

“The Tall Guy” with Jeff Goldblum, Emma Thompson and Rowan Atkinson.

Can’t get funny movies out of my head tonight. I need to revise my list to include Raising Arizona and Blazing Saddles.

Office Space (in a sadly familiar, someone’s been following me around making a movie of my life way), Shawn of the Dead (in a dark British way), and Kung Pow! (in a “This is sick and I can’t believe I’m watching it but it ROCKS” way). :smiley:

And a second vote for Holy Grail.

Finding Nemo, Knocked up, and Shrek.

I haven’t seen many funny movies much, other than The Halleluia Trail on tv. (BTW, for one of the previous posts, the correct title is It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. Not with 3, not with 5, AND DEFINITELY NOT WITH 6).

3-Way tie (with 2 already being mentioned):
[LIST]
*]Arsenic and Old Lace
*]It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
]Mr Blandings Builds His Dream House
[/LIST]

(* Honorable Mention to its scion: The Money Pit)

tee

*The In-Laws *with Peter Falk and Alan Arkin. The funniest movie ever!

("Serpentine, Shelly, Serpentine!) :slight_smile:

She’s the Man…I never laughed so hard in my life!!!

“Monty Python and the Holy Grail.” Yeah, I’m a geek-chick, and old enough that I saw it when it first came out in the theaters, ca. 1975. *“NEE!” * :nerd:

Airplane was really funny when it came out. I think some of the humor would be dated, though. Someone who is very young wouldn’t recognize Beaver’s mother. Also, I don’t think they let the Hare Krishna’s stand around the lobby of airports and solicit. That scene was so vicariously thrilling for me as I have spend zillions of hours in airport lobbies.

Dr. Strangelove

Also want to mention Ice Age and particularly Ice Age II. Also Galaxy Quest–great send up of the Star Trek series.

I second this nomination. That was a funny movie! The remake, however, was just pathetic.

I would have to say The Money Pit with Tom Hanks and Diane Keaton. Although I definitely did not appreciate this movie until DH and I bought our house. :stuck_out_tongue:

Best lines are, “The turkey’s done” and “We have weak trees”
:rotfl:

“dumb and dumber.” i’ve watched it 30+ times and i still laugh each and every time.

airplane is a close second.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.