Whats the point?!

My ex has just told me he has a new girlfriend…someone who was supposed to be my friend (and listened to me spill my heart out and told me how we were meant for each other and loads of other lies and two faced stuff) and apparently they’ve been together for “a little while” whatever that means.

Every day since we split I have cried, I have prayed and prayed for God to either heal my heart and help me get over it or give me the strength to wait until we are supposed to be reunited.
Every day my love for this man has grown. I honestly felt like God was telling me one day we will be together again. We were perfect for each other.

He told me via facebook message the day after what should have been our 3rd anniversary together. They ruined my birthday because they both came out to help me celebrate but ignored me all night and were inseperable (which made me really suspect but everyone told me I was crazy and that neither of them would do it to me etc). They ruined what should have been 3 years and happy and now they will ruin Christmas because there is no way I will be happy in 5 days time.

I keep praying, and I feel like the stronger my faith gets and the more I pray they more God is punishing me. I am never going to stop loving this man and I will never ever be able to trust another person anymore. I have lost my boyfriend who was my best friend and I have now lost another friend. I have no idea who to trust anymore. I’m really wondering if God is actually listening to me or cares because at the moment I really feel like He doesn’t and that He will never help me :frowning:

(((milletsmo))) :( I have read about this in the family section, in your other threads. I'm so sorry!! I know that it's very hard right now, but in time, you will see that God has other plans for you. I will keep you in my prayers, may your broken heart heal and you find joy during Christmas.

You're in my prayers hon. I don't know why someone would do this to anyone.

:hug1:

Don't give up, though. You'll find good people, but don't get in the doldrums about it.

Maybe join a group at church with good, devout catholic people you can trust?

My dear friend my heart breaks for you.I am so truly sorry.BUT God does have other plans for you.One day you will be happier than ever before.Please know many here love you and care for you.I am praying for you.Get through Christmas by keeping busy with family.In the new year make a resolution to make new friends and explore different hobbies of adventures.
God bless

Prayer for Faith
Lord, I believe:
I wish to believe in Thee.
Lord, let my faith be full and unreserved,
and let it penetrate my thought,
my way of judging Divine things and human things.
Lord, let my faith be joyful
and give peace and gladness to my spirit,
and dispose it for prayer with God
and conversation with men,
so that the inner bliss of its fortunate possession
may shine forth in sacred and secular conversation
Lord, let my faith be humble and not presume
to be based on the experience of my thought and of my
feeling;
but let it surrender to the testimony of the Holy Spirit,
and not have any better guarantee than in docility to
Tradition
and to the authority of the magisterium of the Holy Church.
Amen

Hail Mary Full of Grace
The Lord is with you
Blessed are you amoung women and blest is the fruit of your womb Jesus
Holy Mary Mother of God
Pray for us sinners now and at the hour of death. Amen.

I have seen quiet a few times were I’ll tell God, something I think is impossible happy at and seen how He made it not only possible but very easy. While I’ve never been in your situation, I have been in many other painful moments, I grew up in violence. I was one of those kids who grew up in incest, terrible violence, depreesion. I remember I told God I don’t think even You could get me to smile before I go to bed. Just minutes before I went to bed, my favorite song I hadn’t heard for a long time came on TV. It made me smile. Since then I’ve said God seems to take pleasure in making what we deem impossible and making it not only possible but easy. Please have faith that God has healing in store for you and don’t give up hope that you’ll have a good Christmas. I know, the pain will still be there, but God WILL find a way to give you a happy Christmas. Trust Him, He’s never let me down yet, I know He’s there for you!!!

praying for you

May God console you.
I ask God to help you heal from the damage to your trust, and I ask God to help you forgive this couple who have realised that they are attracted to each other.
And I ask God to help you to become stronger in yourself and to take your focus away from one who does not love you and therefore would not be a source of peace and happiness for you. I ask Him to help you to respect yourself enough not to keep longing for someone who wants to be with someone else. I ask Him to give you wisdom, as there be can be no happiness with someone who would deceive you with another person and use a method such as Facebook to cut off from you, when the respectful way to break up is face to face. I beg Him to help you consider that He is trying to rescue you from a relationship that is going nowhere and where you aren't loved, and therefore cannot bring you happiness. I ask God to help you consider the happiness of others around you, and that you will focus on giving kindness to your family members during the Christmas season.
I pray that 2010 will bring growth and peace to your life, and that the day will come that you will have a healthy, mutually loving and faithful partner in life.

Thank you for your prayers.

People have said God is helping me get out of a non-loving relationship and that one day I will find a loving happy relationship but honestly that is what we had.
Before we split we were together for nearly 3 years and we both loved each other so much. He broke up with me because he was really depressed and told me he had "fallen out of love" and didnt feel the same anymore - typical of depression.
A couple of months later he started hanging round with a mutual friend a lot more. Obviously he found it easy to talk to her and "feelings" developed. I really believe she is just a rebound girl to fill in the void as I really believe the Lord has told me in the future we will reunite when he sorts himself out etc. However it doesn't take the hurt and anger away. I am so furious with her. I asked her and she told me no, they were just friends and stressed how she thought me and ex were made for each other and in some time apart we'd realise and sort things out. WHAT A LIAR.
I don't understand whyhes changing for the worst :(

heavens-gates.com/gospel/onedayatatime.html

For you

Lord, I pray that milletsmo can find peace in beholding you in the manger this Christmas and find in you the healing, love and comfort she needs at this painful time. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

I'm sorry that happened to you.You'll be in my prayers.

Milletsmo you are in my prayers.Be brave be strong and the new year will bring you new friends and new love.Trust in God and His plan for you.God bless

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and He saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18

"The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer."
[Psalms 6:9]

May today be all that I need it to be.
May the peace of God and the freshness the Holy Spirit
rest in my thoughts, rule in my dreams and conquer all
my fears. May God manifest himself today in ways that I
have never experienced. May my joys be fulfilled, my dreams
become closer and my prayers be answered. I pray that my faith
enters a new height, that my territory is enlarged and that
I make one step closer to my destiny. I pray for peace,
health, happiness and true and undying love for God.

i believe god have a better plans for u just keep on praying…he knows whats best for you i believe one day god will gonna give u a better man…that will love u forever…and besides god is there for you he’ll gonna make you her princess while your waiting for the great man that will gonna be with you forever…

sad to say i had the same experience that u are experiencing right now…:frowning:
i know its hard but just put god first then everything will be alright…:smiley:
and no matter what happens god will never gonna leave u…:wink:

Its deffo been going on for at least a month....though I'm sure its more like two. My friend has just told me he knew because he saw them together and apparently my ex told him he didn't want to hurt me blah blah. I understand why my friend didn't tell me, because its not his place, but I think its an awful situation for my ex to put him in and that he obviously only told me eventually to ease his own guilt about me finding out off someone else.
Its as if he is a totally different person and I don't understand why. He was so depressed when we broke up, and thats why we broke up and now he seems to be so so so happy (I know its an act) I guess maybe this girl is a rebound void filler, but in a way it makes it worse if she is because it means my friend will have betrayed me for a fling and nothing serious.
I have asked God so much to help. I have asked him to either heal my broken heart or help us to reunite but the more I pray and ask for his help the more hurdles I come across and the more upset I get.
I really am wondering what the point of being a nice person and putting my friends first is for. Like I try my best to be there for my friends and listen to them before me, but no one seems to care that I am so badly hurt and I would never treat someone I really disliked the way this girl has treat me...a supposed friend. All these liars and 2 faced people always seem to land on their feet and I know God will punish them one day (or when they die) but I really would like to see justice soon :(

[quote="milletsmo, post:14, topic:180334"]
Its deffo been going on for at least a month....though I'm sure its more like two. My friend has just told me he knew because he saw them together and apparently my ex told him he didn't want to hurt me blah blah. I understand why my friend didn't tell me, because its not his place, but I think its an awful situation for my ex to put him in and that he obviously only told me eventually to ease his own guilt about me finding out off someone else.
Its as if he is a totally different person and I don't understand why. He was so depressed when we broke up, and thats why we broke up and now he seems to be so so so happy (I know its an act) I guess maybe this girl is a rebound void filler, but in a way it makes it worse if she is because it means my friend will have betrayed me for a fling and nothing serious.
I have asked God so much to help. I have asked him to either heal my broken heart or help us to reunite but the more I pray and ask for his help the more hurdles I come across and the more upset I get.
I really am wondering what the point of being a nice person and putting my friends first is for. Like I try my best to be there for my friends and listen to them before me, but no one seems to care that I am so badly hurt and I would never treat someone I really disliked the way this girl has treat me...a supposed friend. All these liars and 2 faced people always seem to land on their feet and I know God will punish them one day (or when they die) but I really would like to see justice soon :(

[/quote]

Well ... it definately sounds like it's time for you to move on. I'll pray that the Lord opens some new doors for you in the coming year and also that you have a good Christmas. Remember that Jesus is the reason for the season.

Hail Mary
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

And now, to put the cherry on the top for Christmas I am starting to get ill. GREAT.

Thank you for your prayers. I just wish I understood. My ex was the nicest, most geunie and kindest person you could ever meet. Or at least he was. I don't understand why he has changed so suddenly. I wish God could touch his heart and make him see all the hurt he's caused (not just to me but to mutual friends too as a result of me being sad).

I better go rest in bed if I want any kind of merry Christmas...

God bless
x

I'm sorry for your hurt, and implore God to help you build up your health with hopeful and healing thoughts and intentions, and with healthy food, sound sleep, and cheerful recreational activities

Dear Lord, if it is the case that her ex-boyfriend decided, for instance, that she was emotionally too dependent or co-dependent, he may have found it exhausting and may have worried about the future in his heart. He may have sought out an opposite. And we do all have the right, when we aren't committed by marriage, to choose freely. I ask You Lord that if it is wise and helpful, that this sorrowing girl will honestly come to understand why her ex-boyfriend decided to leave as it may help her to grow and to be able to have wholesome relationships all her life. Please help her to bear sorrow unselfishly, not making others unhappy because she is, but always trying in little way to help others lives to be better, as we all go through deep sorrows as well as joys.

Dear Lord, help us to help each other in the sorrows that each of us bears.
The following poem “But” was written by a Divine Word Missionary, inspiring us to love of others, even in the smallest gestures of human kindness.
It was only a sunny smile,
And little it cost in the giving;
But it scattered the night
Like morning light,
And made the day worth living.
Through life’s dark warp a woof it wove
In shining colours of hope and love;
And the angels smiled as they watched above,
Yet little it cost in the giving.
It was only a kindly word, a word that was lightly spoken;
But not in vain,
For it stilled the pain
Of a heart that was nearly broken
It strengthened a faith beset with fears,
And groping blindly through mists of tears,
For light to brighten the coming years,
Although it was lightly spoken.
It was only a helping hand
And it seemed of little availing;
But its clasp was warm,
And it saved from harm
A brother whose strength was failing.
Its touch was tender as angels’ wings
But it rolled the stone from the hidden springs
And pointed the way to higher things,
Though it seemed of little availing.

Praying you move on with your life and meet new friends and try new ventures.Keeping busy and praying will help!

Divine Mercy
Eternal God,
in whom mercy is endless
and the treasury of compassion
- inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us
and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments
we might not despair
nor become despondent,
but with great confidence
submit ourselves to Your holy will,
which is Love and Mercy itself.
Amen

Keeping you in my prayers..also sorry for your suffering with your relationship.. take care...we are here to pray and listen...

'Whats the point?' the point is God loves you and you will move on with your life and find new friends and someone else who you will love and who will love you for you.

A Novena Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Sacred Heart of Jesus, we know that there is but one thing impossible to You: to be without pity for those who are in suffering or distress. Look down on us, we beg of You and grant us the grace which we humbly and earnestly implore, through the Immaculate Heart of Your most sorrowful Mother to whom You confided us as her children, and whose prayers are all powerful with You. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.