What's Your Favorite Movie?

Hello!
I'm a movie fanatic. I have to admit it. I could watch movies for hours (as long as they're good and I'm comfortable)! They're awesome. Anyways, I was wondering, what's YOUR favorite movie?

I have a few. It's A Wonderful Life and Field of Dreams are two of my all-time favorites.

Gone with the Wind
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Memoires of a Geisha
Red Bead
Howl’s Moving Castle

Donnie Darko is a pretty good movie :D

Inception movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810099246/video/17448154/20100106/81/17448154-1000-flash-s.99872091-,17448154-100-flash-s.99872084-,17448154-700-wmv-s.99872094-,17448154-300-flash-s.99872087-,17448154-1000-wmv-s.99872096-,17448154-700-flash-s.99872088-,17448159-2700-qtv-s.99872099-,17448159-6800-qtv-s.99872102-,17448159-10300-qtv-s.99872104-

The Narnia series

Timeline

Any movie that has action and adventure…

The Princess Bride
Breakfast At Tiffany's
The Lord Of The Rings

**Three that I'm always glad to see over ~

High Noon
Das Boot
Jesus of Nazareth
Overboard

These were the first ones that came to mind.**

To Kill a Mockingbird (also my favorite book)
Gone With the Wind
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
True Grit (1969)
Big Country
How the West was Won
Ben Hur
El Cid
Gigi
Twelve O'Clock High

Just my top ten!

Original Star Wars trilogy
Terminator 2
The Life Aquatic

Batman Begins is my favorite.

Would probably be the movies that changed the way I watch movies:

• "Citizen Kane" :thumbsup:
  • "The Breakfast Club" :thumbsup:
  • "The Snake Pit" :thumbsup:
  • "(500) Days of Summer" - one of the most realistic and unlikely boy-meets-girl movies ever made (incidentally pro-marriage), and I go back and watch it quite frequently. Smart, sophisticated comedy.
  • "Metropolitan" the New York debutante social scene comedy that I didn't realize is regarded as one of the best "conservative" movies - oh, how I just love the sarcastic dialogue in that movie.

Andrei Tarkovsky's "Stalker". One of the few films I would consider to be a form of poetry.

Werner Herzog's "Nosferatu, the Vampyre" (1979). This is a remake that is not a remake and is just as good, if not better, as the original.

"Godzilla vs. Megalon"

"Gamera III: Awakening of Irys". A very dark and visually great giant monster film where the special effects are still amazing (it was made in 1998/9) and the story is pretty good too!

"What About Bob?"

Buster Keaton's "The Cameraman"

"The Dark Knight"

"The Red Balloon"

"Hook"

I'm scared to list my favorite movies because many of them don't have favorable ratings on the USCCB movie site (though I understand they aren't written by the bishops).

Anyways, here goes:

Annie Hall
American Beauty
The Graduate (the greatest soundtrack for any movie!)
Almost Famous
Taxi Driver
The Godfather (I, II, III)
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
Inglourious Basterds
Kill Bill Volumes 1 & 2
The Fountainhead
Vertigo
Psycho
Nightmare on Elm Street
Scream
The Exorcist
Back to the Future (I, II, III)
Indiana Jones trilogy (there are ONLY three movies, I don't know what all this talk about a fourth one is, I know nothing about it...LIES!)

[quote="SalesianSDB, post:13, topic:234381"]
I'm scared to list my favorite movies because many of them don't have favorable ratings on the USCCB movie site (though I understand they aren't written by the bishops).

Anyways, here goes:

Annie Hall
American Beauty
The Graduate (the greatest soundtrack for any movie!)
Almost Famous
Taxi Driver
The Godfather (I, II, III)
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
Inglourious Basterds
Kill Bill Volumes 1 & 2
The Fountainhead
Vertigo
Psycho
Nightmare on Elm Street
Scream
The Exorcist
Back to the Future (I, II, III)
Indiana Jones trilogy (there are ONLY three movies, I don't know what all this talk about a fourth one is, I know nothing about it...LIES!)

[/quote]

Another Quentin Tarantino fan:thumbsup:

Classics: It’s a Wonderful Life, Harvey, Rear Window, Dances with Wolves, Field of Dreams, August Rush, Pay It Forward. These are the first ones I thought of.

Spare me from violence. There’s way too much of it in real life. I sure don’t want to go pay to watch it and I won’t waste time in front of the TV with it either. I’m a wimp, I admit.:smiley:

Oooh! I have tons (and not all of them are even Hollywood movies XD)!

Lesee, off the top of my hat...

The Mummy
The Mummy: Returns
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Hercules (Disney)
The Black Cauldron
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
The Emperor's New Groove
The Green Hornet (2011)
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Ghost Rider
Scott Pilgrim VS The World
The Lord of the Rings (all three)
Pirates of the Caribbean I-III (I'm gonna watch IV too when it comes out :p)
Transformers I-II (I'm gonna watch 3 also :p)
The Sorcerer's Apprentice (2010)
The Bucket List (Probably the only meaningful movie among my faves :o)
Howl's Moving Castle
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie: Pyramid of Light
Digimon: The Movie
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children

P.S.

[quote="Sherry_G, post:15, topic:234381"]
Spare me from violence. There's way too much of it in real life. I sure don't want to go pay to watch it and I won't waste time in front of the TV with it either. I'm a wimp, I admit.:D

[/quote]

As a sucker for violence, you'd be surprised at how different violence in movie can be from real life. :P

1984 (w/John Hurt)
Papillon
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf
The Heiress
The Lost Weekend
Gandhi

I don't really like movies very much. But I do have a few favorites.

Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation--I never get tired of this movie. I watch it, and then rewind and watch it again every year. It's funny, sweet, and inspiring.

The Blues Brothers

African Queen
Wizard of Oz
Gone With the Wind
The Three Lives of Thomasina (a very old Disney film)

My favorite actor is Robert Patrick, and he has done a lot of really bad movies, but also some good ones like Terminator 2, Walk The Line, and Bridge to Terabithia. But my favorite movie that he's starred in is A Texas Funeral. I highly recommend it to film fans--it's fascinating, and IMO, has a very pro-life message. I don't often cry after watching a movie, but this one made me cry, not because it was sad, but because it was so joyful and full of life. (Mr. Patrick is really hot in this movie, too!)

I love films! My favorites, the movies I can watch over and over again without getting sick of them, are:
Excalibur
Drunken Master II
Hard Boiled
Mad Max II
Clear and Present Danger
Red Cliff
Rob Roy
The Lord of the Rings trilogy
The Seven Samurai
The Dark Crystal
Akira
Brave Story
Braveheart
Kick-A**
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Star Wars: Episode IV
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Aliens
Equilibrium
It's quite a bunch of movies, and others would find some of the choices odd, but I just love these movies. :)

[quote="Cat, post:18, topic:234381"]

Bridge to Terabithia

[/quote]

Just wondering, is this a Christian story?
First time I watched it, I cried!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.