What's your favorite movie?

I love The Lion King :slight_smile: hehe

Titanic!

I can only pick one? >.>

It’s A Wonderful Life!!

A night to remember is much better.

I don’t have a favourite film as I can count films that I would class as very good on one hand.

Off of the top of my head i would say “The Five People you Meet in Heaven” and “Inception”. I’m sure others would come to mind.

I had to google that. In an interview with Kate Winslet (my favourite actress :)), she said Titanic (the movie) wasn’t about the ship, but rather a love story. :slight_smile: I don’t agree with her on that though. I think it’s both about the ship and a love story. And I so much love this movie because of both aspects and subsequent memories! :smiley:

Just from 2011? Martha Marcy May Marlene (suspenseful thriller about escaping a cult), Source Code (like a sci-fi Groundhog Day), liked The Muppets, really liked the 3D Hugo. Liked Midnight In Paris and The Help are also my favorites.

From all-time, too many to name: “Lonely Are The Brave” (with Kirk Douglas - my favorite Kirk Douglas movie), “The Killers” w/ Ronald Reagan (yes, that Ronald Reagan) and Angie Dickinson, Hitchcock’s “Lifeboat”, anything and everything Otto Preminger ever directed, whether “Porgy & Bess” or “In Harm’s Way” or “Advise & Consent.” I’m a huge Billy Wilder fan, so “Ninotchka” with Greta Garbo is one of my all-time favorites - one of the funniest, too.

The Breakfast Club is a favorite. I can quote that movie in my sleep:* “Did Barry Manilow know you raided his wardrobe?” * and “Mess with the bull, you get the horns, young man!”

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off is still a favorite. I can quote that movie in my sleep: “Abe Froman, Sausage King of Chicago!” :slight_smile:

“Total Recall” is definitely a favorite.

“Rocky Horror Picture Show” will always be a favorite. Should never have been released on video - not the same thing.

The Lion in Winter. Great cast, great lines. Almost no sex or violence.

African Queen

So many favorites…I’d have to include It’s a Wonderful Life and Field of Dreams as two of my favorites. Casablanca, True Grit (either version), Yankee Doodle Dandy. I was a pretty serious movie collector back in the day- have nearly 500 in my collection now! I’ve slowed down a bit since we’ve had children, but still like to pick up a few here and there…sorry, I could talk about movies all day! :slight_smile:

“Everything is Illuminated” is a perfect blend of artiness, tragedy, drama and comedy (try not to love Alex)

“Planes, Trains and Automobiles” is the funniest movie of all time.

“Casablanca” may be the greatest film of all time.

In the Christian spirit, I declare these my triune favorite movie. :slight_smile:

Rosemary’s Baby, anything Frank Capra did (*It’s a Wonderful Life, Meet John Doe, *, etc. Young Frankenstein. Ghostbusters.

The Godfather or A Brox Tale

A Bronx Tale is a great movie!

Lord of the Rings :smiley:

I love the Lord of the Rings movies.

Defiance is another great movie that I’ve just recently discovered.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011 version)

If an entire series counts then Harry Potter :slight_smile:
But for an individual movie… oh gosh this is hard umm… probably The Hangover. Watching that made me not want /that/ kind of bachelor party lol :stuck_out_tongue:

This. :thumbsup:

But as far as individual films, probably either When Harry Met Sally or Steel Magnolias. So many quotable lines in those films! If I’m channel-surfing and come across either of those films, I stop right there and watch til the end. :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.