What's your favorite movie?🍿

I’m curious what’s your favorite movie(s)?

Non religious: “Steel Magnolias”. It was filmed right here in Louisiana but way up in the northern part of the state.

Religious: “The Passion Of The Christ”

Any great comedy. Let’s see - Animal House … no… uh, Blazing Saddles … no … uh, Caddyshack … no … uh, Young Frankenstein … no, uh … Airplane … no, uh … oh, you just pick one. (Maybe Christmas Vacation??)

I don’t know any of those movies haha!

Non-religious: The Sting
Religious: Zeffirelli’s Jesus of Nazareth

Other categories under the heading of non-religious:
Western: The Good the Bad and the Ugly
Musical: The Blues Brothers

Hmm,such a difficult question !
I think I could watch over and over again the studio Ghibli
Movies,in cartoon but sweet storylines and beautiful colours and music.They work well with humid weather and a plate of sushi :slight_smile:
Howl’s moving castle
Castle in the Sky
Spirited away
Ponyo.
And lots more :slight_smile:

Gone With the Wind (Catholic protagonist)

This time of year…Going My Way, The Bells of St. Mary’s and of course, It’s A Wonderful Life.

The Apartment - Billy Wilder

I have a lot of favorite movies but for some reason I do tend to stick with this as the official favorite.

It is a wonderful life. If you have Jesus!

Hero - Jet Li

The Adjustment Bureau - Matt Damon

The Quiet Man.
This is my Father.
Big Fish.

White Christmas . . . :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

Bells of St. Mary!
Bring on Father Bing Crosby and Sister Ingrid Bergman…
I love the speech she gives to the confused girl who wants to run away from the world to hide in the convent that you don’t become a nun because you lost something, but because you found something…

I love Ponyo​:two_hearts::two_hearts:. We used to make ramen noodles and watch it.

I watched it with my kids when they were young and it makes me very sentimental about those days.

I also was deeply affected by Toy Story 3. I know, I have issues…lol.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Me too, getting sentimental…it was great discovering the DVDs and making a little ceremony out of doing all our chores and looking forward to the evening to settle down with that something diffent to eat and watch.And to discover more of them! My daughter has about 12 and watches them with her friends now :slight_smile:

Fargo
This is Spinal Tap
Lock, stock and two smoking barrels
Best in Show
Office Space
Shawshank Redemption

I could name several more, but I’ll stop there. I guess it really depends on my mood and what I haven’t seen in awhile. It’s hard to pick just one, but if I had to, probably Fargo.

Religious, The Miracle Maker.

Yes! Shawshank Redemption!
We watch that every time we run across it, even though we own it, lol!

So many good quotes from that movie.

It’s so hard to pick! But I love musicals, and my favorites would be

:fleur_de_lis: State Fair - the original version with Jeanne Crain
:fleur_de_lis: In The Good Old Summertime with Van Johnson and Judy Garland
:fleur_de_lis: Mary Poppins
:fleur_de_lis: Brigadoon with Van Johnson and Gene Kelly
:fleur_de_lis: and of course, The Sound of Music

Trading Places
Casablanca
To Catch a Thief
North by Northwest
Goodfellas
Skyfall

and many others

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.