What's your favorite non-Catholic specific resource for MP3s for your iPod?

What’s your favorite non-Catholic specific resource for MP3s for your iPod??

I’m looking for anythiing fun…humor…free, legal music…different talk shows…did I say free?..anything fun!

For instance, Old Time Radio Shows or Fun Shows or Sports Shows or whatever!

I love Coffee Break Spanish podcasts!!!

I was going to say OTR too. :slight_smile:

Bump. Thanks for the tip on the Spanish, but I don’t think learning a language is for me right now.

Anyway, am I the only one who doesn’t listen to just music on his iPod??? :blush:

NPR has lots of great stuff. My favorite is “Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me.” It is a news games show and VERY funny!!! :smiley: “This I Believe” is also good. And I’ve listened to “Today’s Most E-mailed stories” in the past, a good mix of random stories.

I also listen to a lot of shows from CNET. They are a technology website and have some good news shows, “Buzz Out Loud” being my favorite.

Those are the ones I listen to the most, but I’m so far behind right now! :slight_smile:

Magnatune
Podsafe Music Network
Podsafe Audio

“The Best in Catholic Podcasting” is SQPN :thumbsup:

iTunes has lots of free podcasts of various genres.

I love EMusic. I’ve been a member for over a year and for $20 I get 90 downloads. (However they have since changed the membership prices and number of downloads. It’s still worth it though.) Emusic offers independent music label
MP3’s. Sometimes you have to wade through the lame stuff (cheesy remakes) to get to the good stuff, but it has been well worth it. I’ve gotten some MP3’s of various groups and albums mentioned right here on the message boards, such as Katholicus, Ceili Rain, and Christmas albums by Maddy Prior and the Carnival Band, and Michael John Poirier. They offer all genres of music and have recently begun offering books. It’s great at Christmas time to be able to download tons of Christmas songs for practically next to nothing! I also download lots of Irish music and listen to it in March in anticipation of St. Patrick’s Day. For Lent last year I downloaded various renderings of Pange Lingua, Tantum Ergo, etc. and had a wonderful time listening to them while i exercised. I’ve discovered lots of neat artists and music. One such artist is Sufjan Stevens. He is a secular singer, but MANY of his songs have religious themes. He’s probably my favorite discovery! Sorry to ramble on but EMusic has been such a great find for me and I like to tell people about it!

I subscribe to a couple of podcasts from iTunes. Besides Cathoilic Answers, I also listen to The Tenth Wonder, which is about the hit TV show Heroes. It’s very interesting and informative for fans of that series.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.