What's your favorite song?

Yup, another favorite thread! This time its... what is your favorite song and who sings/plays it? :)

Check out the second link of my signature! A blast for Protestants and Catholic alike!!

I have so many favorite songs! But if I have to chose one, then I would chose "In My Place" by Coldplay.

My favourite is "Lux Aeturna" by Morten Lauridson.....oh just beautiful!
I also like "Spem in Alium" by Thomas Tallis
Oh! And don't forget "Galway Shawl" and "Will Ye Go Lassie Go"

This is my 800th post :D YEAH!

My two favorite songs are I could only imagine by mercy me and in the arms of an angel by sarah mclaughlin (not sure of the spelling). Always brings a sense of comfort for me :)

Voices by Charlie somthing. itts country

Promised Land Bruce Springsteen

Right now I'm diggin' that Adele chick...

'Rolling in the Deep' youtube.com/watch?v=rYEDA3JcQqw

For me it depends on my mood. There are probably 4 or 5 for which every time I listen to it I think it's the best one ever made. I'll just say Samuel Barber's Adagio for strings.

I like that one too. Seeing your post I decided to listen to it right now.

It depends on my mood and state of mind, but if I had to pick a one song that stays with me no matter what, it will probably be The Doors - Touch Me.

Me again-I often times love music that brings back warm, fuzzy memories of my late mom and sister-boy-do I miss them much. Anything from Pat Benatar or Bob Segur-I get a little emotional for my sister was a big fan of their music. My mom-well-she was into Elvis Presley, Barbara Streisand, and Theresa Brewer. That one song by I think Elizabeth Montgomery, No Charge always makes me cry. And I really miss them more just writing this. There are just so many good songs out there that depending on my mood I can just chill to. Oh-I love old country music for sure-Charlie Danials, Tammy Wynet, Sammy Kershaw, and many others. I believe that music sure is an excellent form of therapy when feeling down or just trying to reconnect to certain things-always worked for me! :)

[quote="Blood_Angel, post:10, topic:234522"]
It depends on my mood and state of mind, but if I had to pick a one song that stays with me no matter what, it will probably be The Doors - Touch Me.

[/quote]

Zepplin - Dyer Maker

youtube.com/watch?v=oHlxhj-8o_8

Oh Oh Oh Oh....you don't have to go..

[quote="Charlotte408, post:8, topic:234522"]
Right now I'm diggin' that Adele chick...

'Rolling in the Deep' youtube.com/watch?v=rYEDA3JcQqw

[/quote]

Me too! Have you heard her latest?

youtube.com/watch?v=s_Zs7XS3XUo

I also really love this particular track from Elbow:

youtube.com/watch?v=_smRhuJSQpg

[quote="FightingFat, post:13, topic:234522"]
Me too! Have you heard her latest?

youtube.com/watch?v=s_Zs7XS3XUo

I also really love this particular track from Elbow:

youtube.com/watch?v=_smRhuJSQpg

[/quote]

GASP LOL I just did the giddy white girl 'oh my god oh my god oh my god' thing!! LOL!!

I knew it was that song! Now I have to listen to it because it's there...Isn't she awe-some??

singing along already :D

[quote="Charlotte408, post:14, topic:234522"]
GASP LOL I just did the giddy white girl 'oh my god oh my god oh my god' thing!! LOL!!

I knew it was that song! Now I have to listen to it because it's there...Isn't she awe-some??

singing along already :D

[/quote]

Yes she is, it's an instant classic, all about first love, brilliant voice, just brilliant!

[quote="FightingFat, post:15, topic:234522"]
Yes she is, it's an instant classic, all about first love, brilliant voice, just brilliant!

[/quote]

You know what I really like about her, is that she's...idk how to word this, but...different.

She's not a size 4, Brittany Spears, Lady Gaga type...she's not the typical mold of a 'celebrity' and I don't see her trying to lose weight anytime soon. And her song's have depth and meaning...Its beautiful. I see so many comments from men, saying how inspiring and beautiful she is, and I think - God if we could have more regular women like that- idk..maybe men wouldn't only be thinking about the sterotypical fake packaged deal the media likes to present..

Hope that makes sense. I have a lot of respect for her....she seems so real.

[quote="Charlotte408, post:16, topic:234522"]
You know what I really like about her, is that she's...idk how to word this, but...different.

She's not a size 4, Brittany Spears, Lady Gaga type...she's not the typical mold of a 'celebrity' and I don't see her trying to lose weight anytime soon. And her song's have depth and meaning...Its beautiful. I see so many comments from men, saying how inspiring and beautiful she is, and I think - God if we could have more regular women like that- idk..maybe men wouldn't only be thinking about the sterotypical fake packaged deal the media likes to present..

Hope that makes sense. I have a lot of respect for her....she seems so real.

[/quote]

Yes perfect sense. :)

“Run” Snow Patrol
"Moment of Surrender" U2
"Sweet Child O Mine" Gun’s n Roses

I really like these two songs:

youtube.com/watch?v=6X_E2t7r1pY&feature=player_embedded#at=58

youtube.com/watch?v=n4DzjiU3pTA&feature=player_embedded#at=59

:)

You know who else has a beautiful voice? Leona Lewis. She redid my favorite song, “Run”, and I usually hate it when singers redo songs, but her version is beautiful.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.